Options

Anyone write IT guides/books professionally?

Anyone?
“Government is a disease masquerading as its own cure.” -Robert LeFevre

Comments

• Options
    networker050184networker050184 Mod Posts: 11,962 Mod
    I think it would be very cool but a whole lot of work. If you have the time and energy I'd so go for it. You never know, it might go form a side gig to something full time you really enjoy.

Good luck!
    An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made.
  • Options
    earweedearweed Member Posts: 5,192 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Go for it! It may turn into something you really enjoy.
    As a side gig to begin it'll have the benefit of working on something at your own pace. You may grow into really enjoying doing that sort of thing.
    No longer work in IT. Play around with stuff sometimes still and fix stuff for friends and relatives.
  • Options
    dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Darril does. They're a huge commitment, so be sure you can stick it through.
  • Options
    Michael.J.PalmerMichael.J.Palmer Member Posts: 407 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Hope you work well with strict deadline as you'll see plenty of them (granted I'm sure you've had a deadline or two just in the IT field, icon_razz.gif).

I haven't written any books per se but I was a writer for awhile straight out of high school. It's tough writing strategy guides (or in my case strategy articles) about specific stuff, just don't run yourself too thin with projects. I was a writer for several websites for a card gaming hobby I used to be involved with and it just ran me thin after a few months when it came to coming up with original material to write about.

Good luck with it and keep us posted on your work and whether or not it gets published, I'm sure we'd be glad to critique it for you, icon_razz.gif.
    -Michael Palmer
    WGU Networks BS in IT - Design & Managment (2nd Term)
    Transfer: BAC1,BBC1,CLC1,LAE1,INC1,LAT1,AXV1,TTV1,LUT1,INT1,SSC1,SST1,TNV1,QLT1,ABV1,AHV1,AIV1,BHV1,BIV1
    Required Courses: EWB2, WFV1, BOV1, ORC1, LET1, GAC1, HHT1, TSV1, IWC1, IWT1, MGC1, TPV1, TWA1, CPW3.
    Key: Completed, WIP, Still to come