Options

Looking for guide

jaysta11jaysta11 Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hello all, newbie here.

I looking at taking the 70-680 exam ( I passed the configuring vista exam a couple of years ago), I have looked at the 70-680 resources the only problem is, I like to have all the information in front of me like a book. Does anybody have any books or guides they recommend I could purchase online? I have the looked at the Microsoft one but they say there is lots of mistakes, also there is another one but they say it doesn't go into much detail.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Comments

• Options
    earweedearweed Member Posts: 5,192 ■■■■■■■■■□
    The 70-680 is a much harder exam than the 70-620 was. There aren't any easy pass guides for this exam. From what I've heard so far the MS press book is the best resource for the test and you must correct the mistakes in it (I've posted 2 links in the resources section of corrections).
    No longer work in IT. Play around with stuff sometimes still and fix stuff for friends and relatives.
  • Options
    OK cool, thanks for that. I'll probably get that on order today :)

Shame MS aren't doing the free retake anymore icon_sad.gif
  • Options
    earweedearweed Member Posts: 5,192 ■■■■■■■■■□
    I've heard that the practice tests included with the book are very good. You may also want to check out the Learnkey videos for this test.
    Yeah, a lot of people are said to see the second shot ending but MS is still running student discount pricing.
    Most people who've taken this test so far mainly have problems in the sections on deployment as that section is written very poorly. While studying deployment you may want to view the technet articles in the 71-680 resources thread as well as the 685, 686 thread.
    I didn't notice earlier you were new so welcome to TE and enjoy your time here!
    No longer work in IT. Play around with stuff sometimes still and fix stuff for friends and relatives.
  • Options
    Great!! Thanks for that tip, I will definitely bear that in mind when it comes to the studying
  • Options
    za3bourza3bour Member Posts: 1,062 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Yes MS book does contain some mistakes but it's a good recourse to study and practice tests are good as well although you will find some questions that are not found in the book but if you study hard you will pass the exam with not trouble.

Just make sure to read the book more than one time and to get around 90% in practice test this means you're good to go.