Options

CCEA Cert

strauchrstrauchr Member Posts: 528 ■■■□□□□□□□
Interested to know if anyone out there has obtained/pursuing the latest CCEA cert. I am finding it difficult to find resources to study for this exam such as a study guide or book. Don't really want to do the course - to expensive.

If anyone has good resource tips such as prac exam, study guides or books please reply.

Also interested to know if any Citrix admins would think about pursuing Citrix certs and why or why not

Comments

• Options
    XCommandXCommand Member Posts: 63 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I checked amazon and found a couple of books.Did you try it?
    Maybe the customer reviews can help to decide which one to order.

Good luck in your studying :D
  • Options
    ajs1976ajs1976 Member Posts: 1,945 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Which current CCEA? The one based on XP or the one based on 3.0 that has 2 exams in beta?

I finished the XP track last week. My company is a silver partner, and I was required to complete the CCEA for a partner status.

The best study material are the course books. You can get them by taking the courses or ordering them through a CALC for around $200 each.

The admin guides are also good resources, but your life will be easier with the course books.
    Andy

2020 Goals: 0 of 2 courses complete, 0 of 2 exams complete
  • Options
    XCommand wrote:
    I checked amazon and found a couple of books.Did you try it?
    Maybe the customer reviews can help to decide which one to order.

Good luck in your studying :D

I don't know of any CCEA study guides besides the Course books. There was an exam cram for the old 1.8 exams, but most of those exams are retired or are retiring this month.

there are general Citrix books that would be helpful. Brian Madden's book is a good resource.
    Andy

• Options
    Yeah I had a good hard look around for books but they were either general Citrix books, for CCA certification only or for old 1.8 exams.

I was thinking about getting the course books but thats still a lot of $ just for a course book. I had a feeling though that these books may have been the best resource - just have to convince the boss to pay for them :)

And yeah, I did mean the XP FR3 CCEA.

Thanks for the advice guys
  • Options
    Oh, by the way ajs1976, how do you rate the exams compared to the CCA exam?

Did you do much study, prac exams etc.?
  • Options
    Exam difficult seemed around the same.

To study, I read through each course book about 2-4 times. Did some of the exercises. Reviewed the admin guides.

I don't like practice exams, but I have heard good things about LearnCitrix.com. CitrixXperience.com also has practice exams.
    Andy

• Options
    Cool, thanks for the advice