Removing Static routes

milanchatterjeemilanchatterjee Member Posts: 36 ■■□□□□□□□□
Hi All
I am having a router(on PT Simulator), which had 55 Static Routes entry. Unlike removing them one by one using no IP route #### #### command, I would like to remove them all at once.

Is it possible? If yes, how do I do it?

Thanks

Milan Chatterjee

Comments

• NobylspoonNobylspoon Member Posts: 620 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I don't know of a command but then again I am just familiar with Cisco's firewalls, not so much their routers but you could always just export your running config and then open it in a text editor and delete all of those routing lines and then reload the config to your router. However, I am sure there is likely to be a command to do what you are looking for as well.
    WGU PROGRESS

MS: Information Security & Assurance
    Start Date: December 2013
  • networker050184networker050184 Mod Posts: 11,962 Mod
    Copy the routes to notepad. Then put a no in front of all the lines and then paste it back in.
    An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made.
  • peanutnogginpeanutnoggin Member Posts: 1,096 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Nobylspoon wrote: »
    I don't know of a command but then again I am just familiar with Cisco's firewalls, not so much their routers but you could always just export your running config and then open it in a text editor and delete all of those routing lines and then reload the config to your router. However, I am sure there is likely to be a command to do what you are looking for as well.

The way you suggested is the best way... in addition to that, you can also perform a "show run", copy the static route lines into wordpad/notepad, perform a search and replace (searching for ip and replacing with no ip. Once the search and replace is done... go back onto your router into global config, and paste all of the no ip route commands. HTH.

-Peanut
    We cannot have a superior democracy with an inferior education system!

-Mayor Cory Booker
  • peanutnogginpeanutnoggin Member Posts: 1,096 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Copy the routes to notepad. Then put a no in front of all the lines and then paste it back in.

You beat me to it! :)
    We cannot have a superior democracy with an inferior education system!

-Mayor Cory Booker
  • networker050184networker050184 Mod Posts: 11,962 Mod
    We have similar configuration methods I see ;)
    An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made.
  • milanchatterjeemilanchatterjee Member Posts: 36 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Ok
    I understand that I do not have any shorter way of doing so, but the longer route is made shorter by certain tricks. icon_wink.gificon_wink.gif

Thanks all of you

Milan