O'Reilly Media Android Apps for MCITP

NobylspoonNobylspoon Member Posts: 620 ■■■□□□□□□□
Out of curiosity I searched "MCITP" on the Android market place and found several listings from O'Reilly Media for the MS Press Self-Paced Training Kits for $9.99. The details are rather vague on the market place so I figured I would see if any of you have used these, or know more about them. Are they just a digital form of the book and practice tests or is this supplement material to use along side of the book?
WGU PROGRESS

MS: Information Security & Assurance
Start Date: December 2013

Comments

• DevilsbaneDevilsbane Member Posts: 4,214 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Upward Mobility has several CompTIA apps for the palm pre and pixi. I bought the security+ one, and I like it. Now I can take a look at practice questions wherever I am, and it actually has good explanations too.
    Decide what to be and go be it.
  • NobylspoonNobylspoon Member Posts: 620 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I did some checking around and it looks like the O'Reilly apps are just ebooks. Although $10 is a pretty good deal compared to the $50 pricetab they usually sell their ebooks for but the print editions come with PDFs anyways, I will just load that onto my Evo for mobile studying.

It's a shame, I was really hoping this would be a nice supplement to go with the book.
    WGU PROGRESS

Devilsbane wrote: »
    Upward Mobility has several CompTIA apps for the palm pre and pixi. I bought the security+ one, and I like it. Now I can take a look at practice questions wherever I am, and it actually has good explanations too.

Awesome, it appears they have them for Android as well. Only $10 for the CompTIA Super Bundle (A+, Network+ and Security+) 454 questions total.
    WGU PROGRESS

• kriscamaro68kriscamaro68 Member Posts: 1,186 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Nobylspoon wrote: »
    Awesome, it appears they have them for Android as well. Only $10 for the CompTIA Super Bundle (A+, Network+ and Security+) 454 questions total.

You may also want to check out a subscription to safaribooksonline.com. They have a mobile site which allows you to read tons of i.t. related books on mobile devices. They are run by O'Reilly but they also have mspress, ciscopress, sybex, syngress, examcram and others. I use them alot. Plus you can watch training videos as well but thats computer only for now.
    You may also want to check out a subscription to safaribooksonline.com. They have a mobile site which allows you to read tons of i.t. related books on mobile devices. They are run by O'Reilly but they also have mspress, ciscopress, sybex, syngress, examcram and others. I use them alot. Plus you can watch training videos as well but thats computer only for now.

I get a limited membership through my school, only have access to about 70 books though. I have considered joining but it just seems a little too expensive.
    WGU PROGRESS

Well I came across a coupon code (MXNPRWH) that took off 20% of the monthly total for up to 12 months so I decided to give it a try. I decided to go with the unlimited package which ended up being $35/month after the discount which isn't too bad considering I will have access to a lot more study guides while I work on my MCITP.
    WGU PROGRESS

• Hyper-MeHyper-Me Banned Posts: 2,059
    Props on using an Evo.
  • kriscamaro68kriscamaro68 Member Posts: 1,186 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Nobylspoon wrote: »
    Well I came across a coupon code (MXNPRWH) that took off 20% of the monthly total for up to 12 months so I decided to give it a try. I decided to go with the unlimited package which ended up being $35/month after the discount which isn't too bad considering I will have access to a lot more study guides while I work on my MCITP.

Thats awesome. I am sure you will like it. Every month you get so many tokens which will then allow you to download certain books in pdf to take with you permanently. Also if you ever want to get into security related stuff they have lots of books and also have Shon Harris videos for the Security+, SSCP, and CISSP.
    Thats awesome. I am sure you will like it. Every month you get so many tokens which will then allow you to download certain books in pdf to take with you permanently. Also if you ever want to get into security related stuff they have lots of books and also have Shon Harris videos for the Security+, SSCP, and CISSP.

Awesome, Network Security is actually my major so I will be sure to take advantage of those videos. Thanks for the tip :D
    WGU PROGRESS