Options

Passed TSHOOT - CCNP at last

AllthingsciscoAllthingscisco Member Posts: 18 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hey all,

Well retook the TSHOOT and got 945, after labbing and creating as many scenarios as possible - still not an easy exam, alot of things can easily catch you out if your not use to troubleshooting - and I believe the only way you can pass this is to actually have experience troubleshooting and its methodologies - So Dumpers - you need a new plan. I Also overheard that Cisco can check the exam - so if someone just selects a load of answers without actually ping/running config/general checking and hovering over the areas where the answer lies - they can tell your cheating. A file is saved for each exam that can be check by Cisco. - How true this is I'm not sure but great if it is.

On a side not - fancy a bit of a change now and going to do CCDA then MCITP: EA - Anyone done the same or got any tips?

Cheers!
Total Pages Read Since '09: 4600

Current Read:
QoS: 20
IRA:30
BGP:25

Comments

• Options
    mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Congratulations!! icon_cheers.gif
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • Options
    fly351fly351 Member Posts: 360
    congrats!!!!

lol don't encourage dumpers, let them fail :)
    CCNP :study:
  • Options
    peanutnogginpeanutnoggin Member Posts: 1,096 ■■■□□□□□□□
    CONGRATS!!! Great feeling I bet... One day I'll be there!!! icon_thumright.gif

-Peanut
    We cannot have a superior democracy with an inferior education system!

-Mayor Cory Booker
  • Options
    burbankmarcburbankmarc Member Posts: 460
    Congrats, excellent score.
  • Options
    Ryan82Ryan82 Member Posts: 428
  • Options
    nicklauscombsnicklauscombs Member Posts: 885
    congrats!
    WIP: IPS exam
  • Options
    networker050184networker050184 Mod Posts: 11,962 Mod
    Congrats!
    An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made.
  • Options
    rogue2shadowrogue2shadow Member Posts: 1,501 ■■■■■■■■□□
  • Options
    billscott92787billscott92787 Member Posts: 933
    Congrats on the pass!!! icon_thumright.gif
  • Options
    jamesp1983jamesp1983 Member Posts: 2,475 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats man!
    "Check both the destination and return path when a route fails." "Switches create a network. Routers connect networks."
  • Options
    TBRAYSTBRAYS Member Posts: 267
    Congrats, whats next?
    Bachelors of Science in Technical Management - Devry University
    Masters of Information Systems Management with Enterprise Information Security - Walden University
    Masters of Science in Information Assurance - Western Governors University
    Masters of Science Cyber Security/Digital Forensics - University of South Florida
  • Options
    TesseracTTesseracT Member Posts: 167
  • Options
    jovan88jovan88 Member Posts: 393
    Congrats,

I just passed my TSHOOT too and I feel I really need to pass the QoS exam to catch up to the other CCNPs out there.

Good luck in your next certs!
  • Options
    jovan88 wrote: »
    Congrats,

I just passed my TSHOOT too and I feel I really need to pass the QoS exam to catch up to the other CCNPs out there.

Good luck in your next certs!

Cheers All,

Yeh i was thinking the same, might look at doing the CCIP, and get the QOS stuff covered

Current Read:
  • Options
    burbankmarcburbankmarc Member Posts: 460
    Cheers All,

Yeh i was thinking the same, might look at doing the CCIP, and get the QOS stuff covered

Good plan. I started studying for my CCIE and picked up the QoS book. After reading through it I plan on taking the test. Same with BGP and MPLS. It's all covered on the CCIE so picking up an extra cert on my way should only help.
  • Options
    Good plan. I started studying for my CCIE and picked up the QoS book. After reading through it I plan on taking the test. Same with BGP and MPLS. It's all covered on the CCIE so picking up an extra cert on my way should only help.

Thanks for the advice fella - think i will be heading this way now!

Cheers

Current Read:
  • Options
    NoChanceNoChance Registered Users Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congratulations!

I'm scheduled to take BCMSN July 30th, then I can start studying for Routing. But I'll be honest, the TSHOOT test scares me. There doesn't seem to be a whole lot of study material available. And I don't mean read a book kind of material. I'm talking about Lab material that emulates what's expected on the test.

I'm not very creative when it comes to making up my own labs. How did you study for this? Was there any particular material that you found really helped prepare you for the test?

Thanks!

NoChance
  • Options
    NoChance wrote: »
    Congratulations!

I'm scheduled to take BCMSN July 30th, then I can start studying for Routing. But I'll be honest, the TSHOOT test scares me. There doesn't seem to be a whole lot of study material available. And I don't mean read a book kind of material. I'm talking about Lab material that emulates what's expected on the test.

I'm not very creative when it comes to making up my own labs. How did you study for this? Was there any particular material that you found really helped prepare you for the test?

Thanks!

NoChance

The best way to study for this was to buy: BSCI Routing Lab workbook -and also BCMSN Lab Workbook and do all the labs from there - I also then set up the lab as per Ciscos topology for the exam and tried to create as many problems and silly mistakes as possible - If your use to troubleshooting its not too bad - just read up on features your not use to using.
    I also purchased the Kevin Wallace TSHOOT training set which was great - and helped me a great deal.

Hope this helps

Cheers

Current Read: