Options

Prep Logic Mega Guides are Back - 1.00 through 23 July

BokehBokeh Member Posts: 1,636 ■■■■■■■□□□

Comments

• Options
    tierstentiersten Member Posts: 4,505
    Ah. That may explain why some random guy from Preplogic was leaving voicemail messages for me the other day.
  • Options
    petedudepetedude Member Posts: 1,510
    tiersten wrote: »
    Ah. That may explain why some random guy from Preplogic was leaving voicemail messages for me the other day.

I think the prep companies are trying to get a jump on third quarter sales. Had a rep from ExamForce call me up with a pretty decent deal.
    Even if you're on the right track, you'll get run over if you just sit there.
    --Will Rogers
  • Options
    jamesleecolemanjamesleecoleman Member Posts: 1,899 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Sweet! Thanks for sharing.
    Booya!!
    WIP : | CISSP [2018] | CISA [2018] | CAPM [2018] | eCPPT [2018] | CRISC [2019] | TORFL (TRKI) B1 | Learning: | Russian | Farsi |
    *****You can fail a test a bunch of times but what matters is that if you fail to give up or not*****
  • Options
    za3bourza3bour Member Posts: 1,062 ■■■■□□□□□□
    what exactly is this ? I got many emails from a guy named david about this. So what do you get for the money (1$ ? )

thanks for the help
  • Options
    veritas_libertasveritas_libertas Member Posts: 5,746 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Just picked up the MegaGuide for the 70-685. Doesn't seem to bad as review guide for the exam.
  • Options
    earweedearweed Member Posts: 5,192 ■■■■■■■■■□
    petedude wrote: »
    I think the prep companies are trying to get a jump on third quarter sales. Had a rep from ExamForce call me up with a pretty decent deal.

Examforce is a waste of time. They are however affiliated with the Exam Cram book which is a good review book.

The Mega guide I got for the 83-640 helped as a study guide. I might have to go shopping on preplogic again, this time for some non-wgu class material.
    Was just looking through the list and may grab a whole bunch this time. Hopefully the sales people don't start calling again. I personally think Preplogic employs too many sales people and not enough people working on, and editing, their test prep materials.
    No longer work in IT. Play around with stuff sometimes still and fix stuff for friends and relatives.
  • Options
    veritas_libertasveritas_libertas Member Posts: 5,746 ■■■■■■■■■■
    earweed wrote: »
    Examforce is a waste of time. They are however affiliated with the Exam Cram book which is a good review book.

Actually ExamCram is affiliated with MeasureUp. I have never seen an ExamCram book come with ExamForce.
  • Options
    DevilsbaneDevilsbane Member Posts: 4,214 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I'm going to buy one, can't make up my mind on which to buy though.
    Decide what to be and go be it.
  • Options
    Actually ExamCram is affiliated with MeasureUp. I have never seen an ExamCram book come with ExamForce.
    Actually if you check the examforce exam click on view and choose refernce library you have a web based copy of the exam cram book (if one's available for that test).
    Also if you do the practice tests in the exam cram book most of those are on that version of examforce word for word.
    No longer work in IT. Play around with stuff sometimes still and fix stuff for friends and relatives.
  • Options
    NobylspoonNobylspoon Member Posts: 620 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Thanks for posting this. I just picked up the three they had for the MCITP:EA (70-640, 643 & 647).

Glad they had a 3 per customer limit or I would have spent $20, lol.
    WGU PROGRESS

MS: Information Security & Assurance
    Start Date: December 2013
  • Options
    I'm getting the 643 and 647 and another one. My wife (she doesn't know it though) may pick up a few more..lol
  • Options
    rogue2shadowrogue2shadow Member Posts: 1,501 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Grabbin CEH, SSCP, and CISSP lol.
  • Options
    Last day for this. It looks like they don't actually care about the 3 per customer limit because I just purchased 4 more without issue.
    WGU PROGRESS

• Options
    Nobylspoon wrote: »
    Last day for this. It looks like they don't actually care about the 3 per customer limit because I just purchased 4 more without issue.

Hmmm, didn't know you could purchase more than 1.
  • Options
    Devilsbane wrote: »
    Hmmm, didn't know you could purchase more than 1.

Their site says limit 3 per customer so I ordered 3 on my first visit but I just went back and placed an order for another 4 without any issue.
    WGU PROGRESS

• Options
    Their site says limit 3 per customer so I ordered 3 on my first visit but I just went back and placed an order for another 4 without any issue.

So it says there is a 3 year limit. Will the pdf not open in 3 years?
  • Options
    So it says there is a 3 year limit. Will the pdf not open in 3 years?

Correct, contains DRM set to expire 3 years from purchasing.
    WGU PROGRESS

• Options

Sounds like wasted effort. Most certifications are updating about that quickly.
  • Options

Maybe not
    you: Megaguides expire after 3 years?
    Erik: yeah
    you: how so?
    Erik: well, they technically "expire", but if you've already downloaded them, we don't get them back
    Erik: it just means that if you haven't downloaded them by 3 years, they expire
    you: So the 3 years just means download them in the next 3 years, and then they are yours forever?
    Erik: yeah
  • Options
    Sounds like wasted effort. Most certifications are updating about that quickly.

Yeah, not sure why they felt they needed to do that. Didn't concern me too much because I probably wont look at it again after I get the cert and three years is more than enough time for me to prepare, lol.
    WGU PROGRESS

• Options
    BTW he told me that they go through the logs, and people trying to abuse the limit will be voided. So I suggest you download them now.
  • Options
    BTW he told me that they go through the logs, and people trying to abuse the limit will be voided. So I suggest you download them now.

Thanks for the tip!
    WGU PROGRESS

• Options
    I got the ones for 70-640 and 70-643 and read the first one quickly and it's good read especially that it cost only 1$ :D

Don't expect a lot though, it's kinda like the notes you have for every exam but longer and it does have some test questions.
  • Options
    Maybe not

Just saw this, that is good to know. I guess they just purge the download links out of their system after 3 years. That sure does make a whole lot more sense then wasted effort of DRM.
    WGU PROGRESS

• Options
    za3bour wrote: »
    I got the ones for 70-640 and 70-643 and read the first one quickly and it's good read especially that it cost only 1$ :D

Don't expect a lot though, it's kinda like the notes you have for every exam but longer and it does have some test questions.

Thats what Eric is telling me. He is trying to get me to buy their $99/month bundle. He says that "these aren't for you"
  • Options

I would never pay their full price for these things but for $1 it is a great additional resource to add to the mix for sure.
    WGU PROGRESS

• Options

If it's an offer why bother with the limit ? they know they can't control it ? anyway i think the offer has expired today right ?
  • Options
    If it's an offer why bother with the limit ? they know they can't control it ? anyway i think the offer has expired today right ?

Today is the last day for the offer, hasn't expired yet.
    WGU PROGRESS

• Options
    Thats what Eric is telling me. He is trying to get me to buy their $99/month bundle. He says that "these aren't for you"

Oh I wouldn't spend 99$ on this.
  • Options
    Oh I wouldn't spend 99$ on this.

$99 is for all access to their guides, videos, questions, ect.

I have no intention of doing it, but have enjoyed making fun of the "superior product" that he is trying to sell me. He was talking trash about CBT nuggets and transcender, and reading books. Makes me laugh.