Options

New job. SQL/SharePoint Developing

RobertKaucherRobertKaucher Member Posts: 4,299 ■■■■■■■■■■
Today I just received an offer for a job as a SQL Server/SharePoint Developer/Support. It nearly doubles my current salary. I'm very excited to get started. This really is my dream job. I may be away from the forum for a little while, but I will be back very soon.

Comments

• Options
    ipconfig.allipconfig.all Banned Posts: 428
    congrats and well done
  • Options
    earweedearweed Member Posts: 5,192 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Congrats!
    You can finally work just 1 job.
    No longer work in IT. Play around with stuff sometimes still and fix stuff for friends and relatives.
  • Options
    rogue2shadowrogue2shadow Member Posts: 1,501 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats Rob!!! All the hard work paid off :)
  • Options
    dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    So are you flying us out and buying us drinks to celebrate with all that extra cash?

Congrats dude!
  • Options
    2ndchance2ndchance Member Posts: 62 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats! I've been listening to Certification Weekely, a podcast you can find on iTUnes, that Sharepoint and Exchange 2010 are hot items to learn these days.

Job well done!
  • Options
    Bl8ckr0uterBl8ckr0uter Inactive Imported Users Posts: 5,031 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Awesome. Are you still going to be local? 'Cause you can buy me drinks anytime you like lol. Are you going to quit the number 2? Congrats dude! You deserve it. Now you can start updating you blog (hint hint).
  • Options
    dynamik wrote: »
    So are you flying us out and buying us drinks to celebrate with all that extra cash?

Congrats dude!

D-
    If such a thing were possible it would be my distinct and personal pleasure!
  • Options
    knwminus wrote: »
    Awesome. Are you still going to be local? 'Cause you can buy me drinks anytime you like lol. Are you going to quit the number 2? Congrats dude! You deserve it. Now you can start updating you blog (hint hint).

The job is actually in your old stomping ground. North side of Dayton, Huber Heights.

As for the blog, I'm working on a long post right now. But like I keep telling you... If you are having trouble sleeping, there are other cures for insomnia than my blog posts.
  • Options
    Hyper-MeHyper-Me Banned Posts: 2,059
    Congrats, Robert. You absolutely deserved more money.
  • Options
    cablegodcablegod Member Posts: 294
    Today I just received an offer for a job as a SQL Server/SharePoint Developer/Support. It nearly doubles my current salary. I'm very excited to get started. This really is my dream job. I may be away from the forum for a little while, but I will be back very soon.

Congrats Robert! I am glad to see it come in for a good man like you.
    “Government is a disease masquerading as its own cure.” -Robert LeFevre
  • Options
    dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    If such a thing were possible it would be my distinct and personal pleasure!

Of all the god-forsaken places I get sent for work, I'm surprised I haven't had to go to Ohio yet icon_lol.gif

It'll happen though, and I'll hit you up when it does :D

Edit: Aw, I suppose I'll have to meet up with kwnminus too ;)
  • Options
    blargoeblargoe Member Posts: 4,174 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Robert, congratulations! I know you have earned it.
    IT guy since 12/00

Recent: 11/2019 - RHCSA (RHEL 7); 2/2019 - Updated VCP to 6.5 (just a few days before VMware discontinued the re-cert policy...)
    Working on: RHCE/Ansible
    Future: Probably continued Red Hat Immersion, Possibly VCAP Design, or maybe a completely different path. Depends on job demands...
  • Options
    EssendonEssendon Member Posts: 4,546 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Congrats Robert, nicely done.
    NSX, NSX, more NSX..

Blog >> http://virtual10.com
  • Options
    Michael.J.PalmerMichael.J.Palmer Member Posts: 407 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats, good luck with everything!
    -Michael Palmer
    WGU Networks BS in IT - Design & Managment (2nd Term)
    Transfer: BAC1,BBC1,CLC1,LAE1,INC1,LAT1,AXV1,TTV1,LUT1,INT1,SSC1,SST1,TNV1,QLT1,ABV1,AHV1,AIV1,BHV1,BIV1
    Required Courses: EWB2, WFV1, BOV1, ORC1, LET1, GAC1, HHT1, TSV1, IWC1, IWT1, MGC1, TPV1, TWA1, CPW3.
    Key: Completed, WIP, Still to come
  • Options
    phoeneousphoeneous Member Posts: 2,333 ■■■■■■■□□□

That is officially bada$$. I did all sorts of ssrs yesterday my brain started hurting. You deserve it RK, make us proud icon_thumright.gif
  • Options
    vColevCole Member Posts: 1,573 ■■■■■■■□□□
  • Options
    Thanks, everyone!
  • Options
    earweedearweed Member Posts: 5,192 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Soon you'll have the time to work on those certs listed as WIP and NEXT in your sig..lol
    No longer work in IT. Play around with stuff sometimes still and fix stuff for friends and relatives.
  • Options
    earweed wrote: »
    Soon you'll have the time to work on those certs listed as WIP and NEXT in your sig..lol

I'm ready to take the upgrade. I'm fairly certain I could take it tomorrow and pass. The problem has been convincing my wife of the ROI.

We've spent over $1000 just on the exams themselves for my certs. Now I finally have some financial justifications.

Here is my plan for the future:
    * Upgrade for SQL Server 2008 (End of month)
    *70-433 MCTS: Database Development
    *70-455 MCTS: BI Developer
    Hopefully completed by close to the new year.
  • Options
    N2ITN2IT Inactive Imported Users Posts: 7,483 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Well done sir well done!
  • Options
    Bl8ckr0uterBl8ckr0uter Inactive Imported Users Posts: 5,031 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I'm ready to take the upgrade. I'm fairly certain I could take it tomorrow and pass. The problem has been convincing my wife of the ROI.

We've spent over $1000 just on the exams themselves for my certs. Now I finally have some financial justifications.

I had the same issue with my wife (well not issue). Having a person that you have to convince makes you think a little more carefully about getting certs all willy nilly. It forced me to come up with a formula to help us with these decisions.
  • Options
    knwminus wrote: »
    I had the same issue with my wife (well not issue). Having a person that you have to convince makes you think a little more carefully about getting certs all willy nilly. It forced me to come up with a formula to help us with these decisions.

I was very lucky. I actually got my MCITP EA free and several others at a very reduced rate + I took some betas, but none of those were realy within my career objectives.

But still. You consider books, exams, and the time to study... Whew. I'm lucky she's still with me. icon_wink.gif
  • Options
    networker050184networker050184 Mod Posts: 11,962 Mod
    Congrats!
    An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made.
  • Options
    NetAdmin2436NetAdmin2436 Member Posts: 1,076
    Wow, that is just simply...AWESOME. Congrats dude!
    WIP: CCENT/CCNA (.....probably)