Options

Testing on Monday for both 701/702.

Michael.J.PalmerMichael.J.Palmer Member Posts: 407 ■■■□□□□□□□
Hey guys, I'm taking the weekend to cram one last time before I take both the 701 and 702 on Monday. I'll post here and let you guys know how everything goes.

As far as what I'm using to study, I've been watching the Mike Meyer's LearnKey videos, Exam Force/Cram Master study guides/practice tests, in class powerpoint presentation, in class labs, An assortment of practice tests provided by the school (about 1K in total practice questions...).

Hopefully that'll be enough to get me by, icon_razz.gif.
-Michael Palmer
WGU Networks BS in IT - Design & Managment (2nd Term)
Transfer: BAC1,BBC1,CLC1,LAE1,INC1,LAT1,AXV1,TTV1,LUT1,INT1,SSC1,SST1,TNV1,QLT1,ABV1,AHV1,AIV1,BHV1,BIV1
Required Courses: EWB2, WFV1, BOV1, ORC1, LET1, GAC1, HHT1, TSV1, IWC1, IWT1, MGC1, TPV1, TWA1, CPW3.
Key: Completed, WIP, Still to come

Comments

• Options
    Cert PoorCert Poor Member Posts: 240 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Good luck!
    In progress: MTA: Database Fundamentals (98-364)
    Next up: CompTIA Cloud Essentials+ (CLO-002) or LPI Linux Essentials (010-160)
    Earned: CompTIA A+, Net+, Sec+, Server+, Proj+
    ITIL-F v3 2011 | ServiceNow CSA, CAD, CIS | CWNP CWTS
  • Options
    earweedearweed Member Posts: 5,192 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Good luck!
    I used the Mike Meyers Learnkey video too. It was really good.
    No longer work in IT. Play around with stuff sometimes still and fix stuff for friends and relatives.
  • Options
    DevilsbaneDevilsbane Member Posts: 4,214 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Good luck. Given the fact that you already have several MCP's, the A+ will probably look like a joke. Let us know how it goes.
    Decide what to be and go be it.
  • Options
    alan2308alan2308 Member Posts: 1,854 ■■■■■■■■□□
  • Options
    What time are the tests?
  • Options
    Later this evening, got the 701 scheduled at 5 PM and the 702 scheduled for 6:30 PM
    -Michael Palmer
    Transfer: BAC1,BBC1,CLC1,LAE1,INC1,LAT1,AXV1,TTV1,LUT1,INT1,SSC1,SST1,TNV1,QLT1,ABV1,AHV1,AIV1,BHV1,BIV1
    Required Courses: EWB2, WFV1, BOV1, ORC1, LET1, GAC1, HHT1, TSV1, IWC1, IWT1, MGC1, TPV1, TWA1, CPW3.
  • Options
    rogue2shadowrogue2shadow Member Posts: 1,501 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Later this evening, got the 701 scheduled at 5 PM and the 702 scheduled for 6:30 PM

Good luck Mike!
  • Options

Good luck. My only concern with something like this, is if the first test doesn't go quite the way you wanted, don't let it get you down. Keep on pushing and it will pay off.
  • Options
    Well, I passed the 701 and I'm taking the time in between to look over stuff for the 702. I'm a little disappointed with my 701 score (it's a 711) but at least I passed, I'll let you guys know about the 702 score in about an hour and a half.
    -Michael Palmer
  • Options
    Well, I passed the 701 and I'm taking the time in between to look over stuff for the 702. I'm a little disappointed with my 701 score (it's a 711) but at least I passed, I'll let you guys know about the 702 score in about an hour and a half.

Try and grab a little food if you can, testing on an empty stomach is not good.
  • Options
    Keep up the momentum! I wanna see you A+ before the night ends :)
  • Options
    Passed 702 with a 747, both scores are lower than what I wanted, but a pass is a pass so I can't complain much.

I'm excited, gonna take a couple of days to rest and will pick back up on studying for the MCTS: Active Directory cert I'll be testing for sometime around the end of August/Early September on Thursday.

Thanks for the well wishes folks.
    -Michael Palmer
  • Options
    Congrats man!!! Update your cert and crack open a beer icon_cheers.gif
  • Options
    earweedearweed Member Posts: 5,192 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Congrats!
    No longer work in IT. Play around with stuff sometimes still and fix stuff for friends and relatives.
  • Options
    Well played sir. Congrats
  • Options
    DeathgomperDeathgomper Member Posts: 356 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Awesome!!! Great job!!! icon_thumright.gif