Options

Earthquakkee?

rogue2shadowrogue2shadow Member Posts: 1,501 ■■■■■■■■□□
It started in MD at about 5 am in the morning (magnitude 3.6). This is a first in history for me lol. Did anyone else feel it?

Conclusion: I'm definitely wide awake now!

Link to event:
http://earthquake.usgs.gov/earthquakes/recenteqsus/Quakes/us2010yua6.php

Comments

• Options
    L0gicB0mb508L0gicB0mb508 Member Posts: 538
    I didn't feel anything here in WV.
    I bring nothing useful to the table...
  • Options
    laidbackfreaklaidbackfreak Member Posts: 991
    nothing here in London GRIN

but few years agao i was in New Zealand and felt one there, it's freaky as anything when the ground starts moving and your stood still!
    if I say something that can be taken one of two ways and one of them offends, I usually mean the other one :-)
  • Options
    veritas_libertasveritas_libertas Member Posts: 5,746 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Nothing here...
  • Options
    CompuTron99CompuTron99 Member Posts: 542
  • Options
    DevilsbaneDevilsbane Member Posts: 4,214 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Nothing here in Minnesota lol
    Decide what to be and go be it.
  • Options
    stephens316stephens316 Member Posts: 203 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I heard about it on the news woke up DC just outside of Rockville. This is just one of many more to come. I believe there will be a Big Earthquake sometime in late August or September.
    Free Reading : History Books
  • Options
    cbigbrickcbigbrick Member Posts: 284
    Felt it in Fairfax. Rolled over and went back to sleep with the cat. Since I live in SoCal for a couple of years, I wasn't worried.

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
    And in conclusion your point was.....???

Don't get so upset...it's just ones and zeros.
  • Options
    chrisonechrisone Member Posts: 2,278 ■■■■■■■■■□
    3.6 LOL! hahaha i make 3.6 by jumping upstairs on the 2nd floor when the lakers lose!

5.0+ now thats a real shaker
    Certs: CISSP, EnCE, OSCP, CRTP, eCTHPv2, eCPPT, eCIR, LFCS, CEH, SPLK-1002, SC-200, SC-300, AZ-900, AZ-500, VHL:Advanced+
    2023 Cert Goals: SC-100, eCPTX
  • Options
    chrisone wrote: »
    3.6 LOL! hahaha i make three point 3.6 by jumping upstairs on the 2nd floor when the lakers lose!

Perhaps you should consider a diet.
  • Options
    JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,034 Admin
    5.0+ now thats a real shaker
    Yeah, unless you are right at the epicenter, it does take at least a 5.0 to get any real notice here in Southern California. I mean, look at what we have to deal with every week: Recent Earthquakes in California and Nevada - Index Map
  • Options
    kalebkspkalebksp Member Posts: 1,033 ■■■■■□□□□□
    We had a 5+ about 50 miles from where I live last week, you definitely feel it. Like California earthquakes are common in Alaska.
  • Options
    EmpoweredBizTechEmpoweredBizTech Member Posts: 110
    Nothing like a good 7 on a religious holiday to get your heart moving So Cal ROCKS !!!
  • Options
    JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,034 Admin
    Nothing like a good 7 on a religious holiday to get your heart moving So Cal ROCKS !!!
    That was the first quake I've experienced while outside. Very odd to feel like you're surfing on dry land. It took a while for the wires on the power poles to stop swaying.
  • Options
    Devilsbane wrote: »
    Perhaps you should consider a diet.

hahaha thats not what i meant, i weigh 185-190lbs and im 5'9, i goto the gym every week and i am athletically built. What i wanted to say was exactly what JDMurry mentioned, for us in socal it takes like a 5.0+ for us to acknowledge it.
    Certs: CISSP, EnCE, OSCP, CRTP, eCTHPv2, eCPPT, eCIR, LFCS, CEH, SPLK-1002, SC-200, SC-300, AZ-900, AZ-500, VHL:Advanced+
  • Options
    hahaha thats not what i meant

icon_lol.gif I knew what you meant. But if you are going to set the pins up, then I am going to knock them down. icon_king.gif
  • Options
    hahaha agreed , good point.