Current Exam questions

maxwellsmart84maxwellsmart84 Member Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hey all I am scheduled to take the test comprehensive 802 test on Wednesday just have a few questions---

My weak points right now are IPv6 and Wireless, beside that I have pretty much everything else down. Does the current exam focus heavily on these topics? I know they are new so I am prepared to get at least one or 2 of these questions but with everything else there is to question on..

Should this be a valid concern?
Thanks,

Comments

• wbosherwbosher Member Posts: 422
    No-one can tell you anything about exam questions, sorry. You'd be best to brush up on your weak areas before taking the exam. icon_study.gif

Good luck!
  • tha_dubtha_dub Member Posts: 262
    I can tell you something! :):)

I think the general consensus around here is that the exam engine pulls from a large database of questions in some kind of semi random order. I've heard people say they got killed with frame relay questions or access list questions etc etc...... I suppose that means there is a certain amount of luck involved if you have very weak areas. Of course if you know you have a very weak area crack the book and cover it!

I write my icnd2 in 2 weeks and my problem is I don't think I have an extremely weak area but I don't know if I'm ready overall.... Gotta bite the bullet at some point though.

Good luck!
  • earweedearweed Member Posts: 5,192 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Welcome to TE!
    No longer work in IT. Play around with stuff sometimes still and fix stuff for friends and relatives.
  • joe48184joe48184 Member Posts: 83 ■■□□□□□□□□
    It's my understanding that the test draws from a pool of over 8XX different questions.. So the odds of any two tests being the same are kinda small. Other than that NDA not allowing folks to tell you if there is a lot of this type of question or a lot of that type of question, People simply don't know what you'll get until you get there.

A great number of instructors say to know your material cover to cover. That was the best Cisco advice I ever got.

Best of Luck!
  • gouki2005gouki2005 Member Posts: 197
    tha_dub wrote: »
    I can tell you something! :):)

I think the general consensus around here is that the exam engine pulls from a large database of questions in some kind of semi random order. I've heard people say they got killed with frame relay questions or access list questions etc etc...... I suppose that means there is a certain amount of luck involved if you have very weak areas. Of course if you know you have a very weak area crack the book and cover it!

I write my icnd2 in 2 weeks and my problem is I don't think I have an extremely weak area but I don't know if I'm ready overall.... Gotta bite the bullet at some point though.

Good luck!

no just acl or frame relay some OSPF and EIGRP questions are tough too
  • tha_dubtha_dub Member Posts: 262
    gouki2005 wrote: »
    no just acl or frame relay some OSPF and EIGRP questions are tough too

Oh I just meant that because each person gets a slightly different set of questions it may seem as though one test focuses on eirgp or frame relay while another may only have a 1 question on eirgp and lots of acl stuff....

That is kind what is throwing me for this test... With the icnd1 everyone knows that the subnetting is king whereas for icnd2 there really isn't that kind of focus.
  • bermovickbermovick Member Posts: 1,135 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I've heard troubleshooting is a big focus.
    Latest Completed: CISSP

Current goal: Dunno
  • maxwellsmart84maxwellsmart84 Member Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
    thanks for the tips everyone
  • Dilbert65Dilbert65 Member Posts: 73 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I failed my ccent the first time around. The second test was nothing like the first test. The major area that were in the first test were barely asked in the 2nd test. Which was good for me since I smoked it the second time around. Even if you think you you know a subject inside an dout study it as well.