unisys????????

010Netninja010010Netninja010 Member Posts: 9 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hello everyone..(im former military and i was a computer analyst in the army).ive been doing contract jobs for the government making about 45k at ft hood tx ive got about 5 years of networking and helpdesk support history(all together) I also have a security clearance SECRET..unfortunately the company i was working for lost there contract . Now i planned on moving to austin to live for good (do the permanent thing) Ive gotten offers from DELL 14.50 and unisys 14.00 .(help desk technical support).(huge pay cut for me!)now the unisys job is permanent i have and undergraduate (3 years, never finished ) school not in IT .and i have my a+ network+ and my MCP WHICH company DO I PICK ?anyone have any feedback between the 2 ....i honestly have no idea which one to go with...are they underpaying me ..i know you have to pay your dues so to speak..by the way im 25

all replys welcome.

Comments

• Ricka182Ricka182 Member Posts: 3,359
    I don't know much about working for Dell, but I do know people who work for Unisys and they complain quite a bit when I see them. However, do note they are doing very different work, which I also do for a competitor, and it does suck. Anyway, if you haven't already, check out Comptuter Jobs.com. They have a large database for the country, and most of their postions listed require Secret clearence, which you have, and is a big bonus with some companies. I would think there should be something there that pays much more than D&U.
    i remain, he who remains to be....
  • 010Netninja010010Netninja010 Member Posts: 9 ■□□□□□□□□□
    thanks alot for your info..ill definetely check out that site..what about the option to be able to move up..should i take that in consideration when looking at corporate it jobs??...........anyone else??????
  • Ricka182Ricka182 Member Posts: 3,359
    what about the option to be able to move up..should i take that in consideration when looking at corporate it jobs??

I would. But it depends on what the company is offering. I would think with enough hard work, there is always advancement posibilities, but the higher up you get, the less spots there are.
    i remain, he who remains to be....
  • unisusunisus Member Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Ever thought of HP? They are always keen to get a secret clearanced person in the ranks...