Options

Time Warner

Bl8ckr0uterBl8ckr0uter Inactive Imported Users Posts: 5,031 ■■■■■■■■□□
I don't know, maybe I shouldn't expect too much but I don't think it should take longer than 2 weeks to get your service in a queue to get someone out to your new place for a cable internet migration. I have been working since the 7th to get my account (and access) moved from my old place to my new place (which I in 1 week). I finally resigned my contract (I have business class) and I was told someone from scheduling would be contacting me to set up a time to get them to come out. I thinking that everything is all good since I won't be there til next week anyway. Well turns out my account isn't even in the scheduling queue to get a call and they are 4 days behind processing things. Which means they have just now started doing orders from the 12th and my order was placed the "16th" (even though I emailed the "Sales Manager" on the 7th). So I won't be able to find out how many days from then until Friday, and I Move in Monday night (and I know they won't do a 3 day turn around). So I am pissed. I was ok with getting my interwebs on tuesday but now it could be as late as the monday after next or whatever.

Is it me or is this total BS?

Comments

• Options
    DevilsbaneDevilsbane Member Posts: 4,214 ■■■■■■■■□□
    knwminus wrote: »
    Is it me or is this total BS?

Yep. I don't know if it is because companies laid off a bunch of people or what, but customer service has really slipped through the cracks. My internet was out yesterday, and I didn't even bother calling it in. I don't have the time to spend 45 minutes on the phone pulling the power cord out of the back of the modem and plugging it back in. I checked everything on my end in less than 5 minutes.

Several hours later it came back. Likely something to do with the power outages we had, but I don't know why. We had a dial-tone and the phone worked. (We have DSL)
    Decide what to be and go be it.
  • Options
    RobertKaucherRobertKaucher Member Posts: 4,299 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Total BS. I detest TW. I argued with them for months that I was having issues with their DNS servers. When I started using OpenDNS the problem went away. Like magic. This was back in 2006 when we had just moved into our home. I was not quite as experienced as I am now with telling people exactly how it is: "This is your problem and I can prove it because of X, Y, and Z and you are going to fix it."

But TW Cinci just sucks.
  • Options
    I haven't had too many problems with them. I also didn't have to call them that much. The customer service rep told me there have been some structure changes to the department so maybe they did fire some people (which is also bullshit). I hear there advertisements for becoming a CSR for them all the time so maybe some people quit. I don't know or care. I don't have to be understanding with them. I pay them good money and I expect my services (insert hooker joke here).
  • Options
    blargoeblargoe Member Posts: 4,174 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Typical TW.
    IT guy since 12/00

Recent: 11/2019 - RHCSA (RHEL 7); 2/2019 - Updated VCP to 6.5 (just a few days before VMware discontinued the re-cert policy...)
    Working on: RHCE/Ansible
    Future: Probably continued Red Hat Immersion, Possibly VCAP Design, or maybe a completely different path. Depends on job demands...
  • Options
    Well I bitched some more. I went from not knowing when someone can call me to get scheduled to getting my stuff scheduled exactly when I wanted it. Complaining FTW!
  • Options
    DevilsbaneDevilsbane Member Posts: 4,214 ■■■■■■■■□□
    knwminus wrote: »
    Well I bitched some more. I went from not knowing when someone can call me to get scheduled to getting my stuff scheduled exactly when I wanted it. Complaining FTW!

The squeaky wheel gets the grease. How does it feel to be a squeaky wheel?
    Decide what to be and go be it.