Options

Help on study material...

befurmanbefurman Member Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
Any tips on Securiy+ books?

Comments

• Options
    /usr/usr Member Posts: 1,768
    http://www.alphageekproductions.com

Navigate around and look for the book called "Security+ SY0-101 InsideScoop". Tcat wrote it and it's a must have if you're going to take this exam.

I would still pick up another book as a secondary resource. I found "Security+ for Dummies" to actually be a decent read. I found it on Amazon.com for a few dollars.

I used PrepLogic's practice exams and found them to relate closely to the material. I'm sure other vendors have decent ones as well.
  • Options
    Ricka182Ricka182 Member Posts: 3,359
    Personally, I haven't read any Sec+ books, but I do like Mike Myers and Sybex books. You can check out a bunch of books, and read some reviews, here,
    i remain, he who remains to be....
  • Options
    nightstrm_utnightstrm_ut Member Posts: 35 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I thought the Sybex Security+ book was good... I also used the Testout CBTs.
  • Options
    befurmanbefurman Member Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thanks for the feedback on the material. Have heard a lot on the Inside Scoop by Tcat. Sounds like a winner.
  • Options
    RussSRussS Member Posts: 2,068 ■■■□□□□□□□
    The thing about TCat is that as a youngster he had difficulty learning and worked on ways to correct this. A lot of what he learned he has transferred into his writing and helps make understanding things easier.
    www.supercross.com
    FIM website of the year 2007