Options

PHP Virtualbox

veritas_libertasveritas_libertas Member Posts: 5,746 ■■■■■■■■■■
Saw this on Lifehacker today :)
Open-source, web-based administration panel phpVirtualBox helps you more easily manage your VirtualBox virtual machines—starting, stopping, and performing almost any task through any web browser. Installing the interface will require first installing a web server software that can run PHP and a copy of Virtualbox running along with the included vboxwebsrv utility, but once you've got the application up and running you can manage all of your virtual machines through a web interface that works almost exactly like the desktop client.
phpVirtualBox is free and open source, works on any platform that can run PHP scripts. Readers should note that we've not yet tested this ourselves, so if you've used this before, be sure to leave some helpful notes for your fellow readers in the comments.
phpVirtualBox [Google Code via Download Squad]

phpvirtualbox - Project Hosting on Google Code

Comments

• Options
    kalebkspkalebksp Member Posts: 1,033 ■■■■■□□□□□
    I was just reading that. It looks really slick.

I think I'm going to install this on my dynamips server so that all my networking lab stuff is on the same box. Although I'm already running qemu for ASA emulation, I wonder if trying to run both will freak out the system.
  • Options
    redline5thredline5th Member Posts: 119
    That's pretty sweet! I'll have to try it out.
    WGU - Bachelors in Information Technology

“The liberty of speaking and writing guards our other liberties.” -- Thomas Jefferson