Options

Passed Network+ Today!

Unforg1venUnforg1ven Member Posts: 108
Hi all,

I've been a lurker for a while now, great forum over here.

I passed the N10-004 with a 889 / 900. This was only my second certification, but it felt good to pad to the resume. I started studying for a week or so, stopped for 2 months, then studied strong for a week and a half before taking. If you have a year plus in working experience you should be OK.

That being said, i had confidence going in regarding the material, but the actual exam was another story. There were definitely a good amount of curve balls... at least a lot more than expected for this type of exam. From blogs and forums, many people explained there were alot of "braindump/vocab" questions... idk if it was just me, but for a 100 questions, I saw a little more than just "what's that port #" etc....

All I can say to future test takers without revealing any questions is; dig deep into every single piece of subject matter no matter how insignificant because chances are, that part you breezed over will come back to bite yah.

Now I'm off to continuing that CWNA which is gonna take more than just a couple weeks thrown together. ;)

/cheers
Next on Tap>> WGU B.S. IT - Network Administration
MCSA:2008 Complete >> Capstone left!

####################################
"One of God's own prototypes... too weird to live, too rare to die..."

Comments

• Options
    earweedearweed Member Posts: 5,192 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Congrats!
    No longer work in IT. Play around with stuff sometimes still and fix stuff for friends and relatives.
  • Options
    DevilsbaneDevilsbane Member Posts: 4,214 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats. Welcome to the light!
    Decide what to be and go be it.
  • Options
    rogue2shadowrogue2shadow Member Posts: 1,501 ■■■■■■■■□□
  • Options
    botbillbotbill Member Posts: 48 ■■□□□□□□□□
    congratz !!!
    working on cissp, ceh and pmp
  • Options
    MonkerzMonkerz Member Posts: 842
  • Options
    TechnitoTechnito Member Posts: 152
    Cool, congratz on the pass. I'll be surely knocking out this exam and Security+ before the year is out. And then I can shout yay for no renewal! :p
    Knowledge is being an Architect, no matter what field.....
  • Options
    redline5thredline5th Member Posts: 119
    Congrats! It feels great to get another win!

ON TO THE NEXT! icon_cheers.gif
    WGU - Bachelors in Information Technology

“The liberty of speaking and writing guards our other liberties.” -- Thomas Jefferson
  • Options
    PsoasmanPsoasman Member Posts: 2,687 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Congrats, that is a solid score.
  • Options
    CertGrabberCertGrabber Member Posts: 32 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats on passing the test!! I have been studying pretty hard for the past couple weeks and am close to scheduling a test.. just studying some of my weak areas.. this will be my first cert! Also, as per my user name, it won't be my last lol
    Studying CCNP Route

Currently compiling my own home lab. I never knew scouring ebay for routers, switches, and modules could be so much fun!
  • Options
    GunnertwinGunnertwin Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congratulations! I'll be taking mine on Thursday and i hope i can achieve the same outcome!