Icnd scheduled nervous

gregorio323gregorio323 Member Posts: 201 ■■■□□□□□□□
Hey, guys im a bit nervous i've been watching videos and all but for some reason i mean i know the concept and the stuff... I've taken the Wendell Odom exam passed with 840+ but still feel not confident enough... One thing that really confuses me is the whole IPv6 concept about Global Addressing, Unique local, link local, or multicast what are the ranges so lost on this...

After my ICND2 i plan to go right away on Network+ since i have my CCENT is there anything i should know anything extra before getting on Network+ ?

Comments

• networker050184networker050184 Mod Posts: 11,962 Mod
    Just relax for the exam. Once you get in there you either know it or you don't.

Why would you want to go for the N+ after you already have the CCENT and CCNA? That's like an expensive step backwards.
    An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made.
  • bermovickbermovick Member Posts: 1,135 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Lol; I'm in the exact same boat you are. Just scored an 840 on the Boson exam that comes with Odom's book. ICND2 scheduled for friday. I feel I don't know ANYTHING, but apparently I do to score 840. More nervous for this one than I was for ICND1; I thought I'd be less nervous.
    Latest Completed: CISSP

Current goal: Dunno
  • gregorio323gregorio323 Member Posts: 201 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Yeah, Same here I guess i should relax im pretty confident i know the material i know how to set up All the materials in ICND2 and troubleshoot it. guess im just nervous on the questions.

i guess your right i just want to be able to add something more to my resume... do you recommend me getting the A+ rather... since i dont have no real job experience in the IT field just simulators and labs...?
    IMO (and everyone has their own) if you don't have any real world experience you need to get some before going after any more certifications. The way I see it certifications are there to compliment experience, not substitute.

The A+ is pretty entry level though so you could go ahead and knock that out if you think it will help you.
  • gregorio323gregorio323 Member Posts: 201 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Well Thanks for the advice... just one more question. I really want to get the experience but i dont know where to start. I know i should start by help desk but many places ask for A+... I will have my AA by the end of the year... and I have a College Certificate for Network Admin... and by Saturday i should pass my exam and have CCNA.
    I know if i apply for Help desk most likely i wont get a call because they look for people with A+ is there away i can apply for a NOC and start off entry there? im having difficulty getting in any Entry Level IT field at the moment. As far as getting certs i don't mind i love learning the material i find it self satisfying learning it.
    I'd just start hitting the job sites and apply to everything that you think you could handle regardless of what they are asking for qualification wise. Some times people will be willing to take a chance on you if you show them you really want the job and are willing to learn. You have a 0% chance at getting the jobs you don't apply for. If you apply your chances at least rise slightly :D
  • DeathgomperDeathgomper Member Posts: 356 ■■■□□□□□□□
    do you recommend me getting the A+ rather... since i dont have no real job experience in the IT field just simulators and labs...?

It depends on the job market location. I got my CCNA and had some HR people say "Well we are really looking for someone with a A+." If you have zero and I mean ZERO experience then I would suggest getting the A+, but don't stop looking for a job in the mean time. I doubt I would go after the Net+ after getting a CCNA, only if required by an employer.
  • wbosherwbosher Member Posts: 422
    In my neck of the woods, no-one will give you a second look unless you have (or are currently in the process of getting) CCNP.

CCNA isn't very valuable at all without experience.icon_sad.gif
    wbosher wrote: »
    In my neck of the woods, no-one will give you a second look unless you have (or are currently in the process of getting) CCNP.

CCNA isn't very valuable at all without experience.icon_sad.gif

Does that include the ccna-security, etc? If so it pretty much makes my decision of what to study (hopefully after Friday!) much easier.

• wbosherwbosher Member Posts: 422
    bermovick wrote: »
    Does that include the ccna-security, etc? If so it pretty much makes my decision of what to study (hopefully after Friday!) much easier.

I'm on the other side of the world from you, things may be different where you are.
    Oh lol; I didn't even think to check your location. I figured you weren't too local but yeah. You can't get much farther can ya? hehe