So it begins...

phantasmphantasm Member Posts: 995
Well my wife just accepted a position in MD starting the end of August. I had an interview with SAIC but they canceled the job posting before I flew into town for my final interview. So here I sit, 5 weeks out and looking for work, again. lol.

So, anyone know what MD has to offer a guy with a CCNA and 3yrs of documented IT experience most of which is in a NOC providing core network support? Dice and the usual suspects show a lot of openings, but few that look to be in my range.... man I hate job hunting.
"No man ever steps in the same river twice, for it's not the same river and he's not the same man." -Heraclitus

Comments

• DevilsbaneDevilsbane Member Posts: 4,214 ■■■■■■■■□□
    phantasm wrote: »
    but few that look to be in my range....

Well make them in your range. Companies hire underqualified people all the time, as long as they are motivated and willing to learn.
    Decide what to be and go be it.
  • phantasmphantasm Member Posts: 995
    Devilsbane wrote: »
    Well make them in your range. Companies hire underqualified people all the time, as long as they are motivated and willing to learn.

Oh I plan to. Once the Sec+ is done I'm doing the MCITP:SA so I can show at least something for Windows admin. I just need to find something for the time being. I applied for a very good job in my opinion, however I meet maybe 70% of their requirements. So all I can do is hope.
    "No man ever steps in the same river twice, for it's not the same river and he's not the same man." -Heraclitus
  • BradleyHUBradleyHU Member Posts: 918 ■■■■□□□□□□
    where in MD? saying MD is vague...cuz you could mean B-more area, or you could mean DC area. and if you're super close to DC, you might as well look in DC & NoVa as well....
    Link Me
    Graduate of the REAL HU & #1 HBCU...HAMPTON UNIVERSITY!!! #shoutout to c/o 2004
    WIP: 70-410(TBD) | ITIL v3 Foundation(TBD)
  • phantasmphantasm Member Posts: 995
    BradleyHU wrote: »
    where in MD? saying MD is vague...cuz you could mean B-more area, or you could mean DC area. and if you're super close to DC, you might as well look in DC & NoVa as well....

Frederick area. Out in western Maryland. Baltimore is a slight commute but not bad, DC is out of the question. Commuting into Northern VA and South Western PA is not out of the question either.