Options

Lab for CCENT?

helioshelios Member Posts: 51 ■■□□□□□□□□
Hi everyone,

I'm researching the CCENT and trying to get an idea of the materials I'll need. The CBT Nuggets video suggests the 851w Router for doing the lab... can anyone recommend or suggest otherwise?

Thanks!
A+, Network+, MCP, MSDST, MCITP:SA, HDI-SCA, MCTS, ITILv3

Comments

• Options
    alan2308alan2308 Member Posts: 1,854 ■■■■■■■■□□
    It would be nice to have wireless capability for your lab, I would skip the 851w. I put together my entire lab for less than what one of those is going for. icon_cool.gif

A lot of it is going to depend on your budget, and whether you want to buy better gear now that will still be useful for more advanced certs. Here is a good place to start.
  • Options
    helioshelios Member Posts: 51 ■■□□□□□□□□
    alan2308 wrote: »
    It would be nice to have wireless capability for your lab, I would skip the 851w. I put together my entire lab for less than what one of those is going for. icon_cool.gif

A lot of it is going to depend on your budget, and whether you want to buy better gear now that will still be useful for more advanced certs. Here is a good place to start.

What's your setup? Did you lab for CCENT only or CCNA?
    A+, Network+, MCP, MSDST, MCITP:SA, HDI-SCA, MCTS, ITILv3
  • Options
    alan2308alan2308 Member Posts: 1,854 ■■■■■■■■□□
    2x 1600
    3x 2500
    3x 2600
    2x 2900xl
    plus ample WIC's to go around and a bunch of non-Cisco stuff

Though I'll admit, there was never a plan, just a constant desire to grab something else off of ebay every time I had a few bucks sitting in my paypal account. It becomes addictive, especially when I keep finding routers for less than $10. icon_mrgreen.gif

I cheaped out on the switches (so far) since I had access to 2960's and 3560's at school. But this fall I plan to pick up a 3550 and a couple 2950's.

I plan to take the single test route. But with a family, school, and moving, its on hold for another month for financial reasons.
  • Options
    DeathgomperDeathgomper Member Posts: 356 ■■■□□□□□□□
    helios wrote: »
    Hi everyone,

I'm researching the CCENT and trying to get an idea of the materials I'll need. The CBT Nuggets video suggests the 851w Router for doing the lab... can anyone recommend or suggest otherwise?

Thanks!

For the ICND1 I used:

1x 2950 switch
    2x 2505 routers

For the ICND2 I used:

2x 2950 switches
    2x 2505 routers
    1x 2611xm router