Options

New CCNA test on the horizen?

mark076hmark076h Member Posts: 154
What is the latest word on whether or not there is going to be a revision of the CCNA test any time soon? I am gearing up to start my CCNA studies and plan to study over the course of the next 3-6 months and shooting to take the exam sometime around December-February time range.

I don't want to start and have a new test come out.

Comments

• Options
    StigmatasStigmatas Member Posts: 26 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I heard it was supposed to be this fall.
    Network+ > ICND1 > ICND2 > ?

<-- No degree

Network+ = 11/18/08 DONE
  • Options
    jamesleecolemanjamesleecoleman Member Posts: 1,899 ■■■■■□□□□□
    mark076h wrote: »

I don't want to start and have a new test come out.

I know what you mean. I still have the ICND2 to get done during the fall. I hope there isn't much change between the current CCNA and the new one.
    Booya!!
    WIP : | CISSP [2018] | CISA [2018] | CAPM [2018] | eCPPT [2018] | CRISC [2019] | TORFL (TRKI) B1 | Learning: | Russian | Farsi |
    *****You can fail a test a bunch of times but what matters is that if you fail to give up or not*****
  • Options
    joe48184joe48184 Member Posts: 83 ■■□□□□□□□□
    The "rumor" started on "one" website and it's just one persons speculation. Don't let it distract you from your studies. Cisco gives a lot of heads up time, usually 6 months before implimenting a change.
  • Options
    joe48184joe48184 Member Posts: 83 ■■□□□□□□□□
    My last attempt to passify some folks. The rumor started on one persons website who is in the "business of selling ccent / ccna study material". I personally have "not" seen any thing from Cisco. I have not read anything from a reputable person indicating a change.

However...

If you need to panic, please feel free... icon_lol.gif
  • Options
    nicklauscombsnicklauscombs Member Posts: 885
    until you hear anything official keep on your study plan.

cisco will give you plenty of time to pass the old version before it is phased out once it is officially announced.
    WIP: IPS exam
  • Options
    mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    joe48184 wrote: »
    The rumor started on one persons website who is in the "business of selling ccent / ccna study material".
    He actually stated on that "deal web page" that he had NO information about any impending changes. icon_lol.gif

Has anyone posted yet that "the change" is going to be announced at the "next Cisco Live" -- since it didn't happen at this one?
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
This discussion has been closed.