Getting Back on the Wheels

hiddenknight821hiddenknight821 Member Posts: 1,209 ■■■■■■□□□□
It has been more than 4 months since I took the CCENT. It was my first time taking the test, and I failed with a 742/804. I was so busy with school in spring quarter after taking the test during the spring break, and I didn't have the money or a ride to go to the testing center around school to take a retest shortly after I failed. Now I regretted waiting and also skipping the major sim questions, because I forgot major details I need to keep in mind in order to pass the next time. I think I will need a lot of time reviewing the CCENT stuff before I continue.

Do anyone have an advice on how I can start reviewing again? I only use Odom ICND1 book, and I haven't practice taking test again yet. Should I start practicing test again, look in the memory sheet, or skim through the whole book to see if I miss anything?

Comments

• fly351fly351 Member Posts: 360
    I would recommend learning the protocols, how they operate and features involved with them. Something I have noticed on the CCNP (at least on the SWITCH exam which is what I am studying atm) is that it is basically an IN DEPTH version of the CCNA topic on switching; with a few added topics of course. So learning the protocols and how they operate is key.

Other than LEARNING the material--truly learning--the only thing I can recommend is to practice until your fingers bleed icon_cool.gif
    CCNP :study: