Options

Major Cert changes coming

TheShadowTheShadow Member Posts: 1,057 ■■■■■■□□□□
Register now for our August 5th webcast

The Juniper Networks Certification Program (JNCP) is pleased to announce new and exciting enhancements to the JNCP. Junos-based certifications are now aligned with the Juniper Networks portfolio of industry based solutions, along three tracks:
• Service Provider Routing and Switching
• Enterprise Routing and Switching
• Security
This new structure reflects career opportunities in the industry and aligns with industry usage of Juniper Networks' portfolio of products and solutions. In addition, the new tracks are supported by a comprehensive training curriculum. This curriculum, combined with hands-on experience will help prepare you for certification. For detailed information, please visit Juniper Networks Certification Program Updates.
Cerfication Program Changes - Juniper Networks

Attend our webinar on August 5 at 11:00 AM PT/ 6:00 PM GMT and learn first-hand from the JNCP team how the enhancements to our program will help to advance your career. This is your chance to interact with the team and contribute to the community with your questions and comments. Seats are limited, reserve yours today.
https://learningportal.juniper.net/core/user_activity_schedule_info.aspx?id=9281&activity=3084

Here is the Q&A
Who knows what evil lurks in the heart of technology?... The Shadow DO

Comments

• Options
    high1432007high1432007 Member Posts: 37 ■■□□□□□□□□
    tks~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
  • Options
    stuh84stuh84 Member Posts: 503
    I prefer this route, as it now seems a bit more self explanatory for which route to go. Whether the SP or the Enteprise one is what I'll attempt is another matter entirely...
    Work In Progress: CCIE R&S Written

CCIE Progress - Hours reading - 15, hours labbing - 1
  • Options
    networker050184networker050184 Mod Posts: 11,962 Mod
    Thanks for the info! I was thinking about going for the JNCIA-M, but I guess its time for the JNCIA-Junos instead.
    An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made.
  • Options
    AldurAldur Member Posts: 1,460
    This is a smart move on Juniper's part. Looking at the current certification program a lot of people get confused which route to take. This will allow a more simplified path selection which should encourage more people to get certified.
    "Bribe is such an ugly word. I prefer extortion. The X makes it sound cool."

-Bender
  • Options
    andyh123andyh123 Member Posts: 39 ■■□□□□□□□□
    can this be made sticky please?
    JNCIS-ENT - :study:
  • Options
    andyh123andyh123 Member Posts: 39 ■■□□□□□□□□
    have booked my JNCIA-M for before the cutoff date, just need to get some study in first - logical routers on my IP330's rock! might have a crack at S too if time permits

I tried to register for the webinar but it was full - if anyone is registered, can they post a precis afterwards? I am particularly interested in the exam format - still all multi-choice or more interactive?
    JNCIS-ENT - :study:
  • Options
    hoogen82hoogen82 Member Posts: 272
    I could post it here... But I do know its recorded and available for people afterwards...
    IS-IS Sleeps.
    BGP peers are quiet.
    Something must be wrong.
  • Options
    nelnel Member Posts: 2,859 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hi guys,

Any idea if the fast track program will still be available for these including the exam discount? i cant seem to find any info on that.
    Xbox Live: Bring It On

Bsc (hons) Network Computing - 1st Class
    WIP: Msc advanced networking
  • Options
    I will try to do a live updates....

Three tracks

Service Provider
    Enterprise Track
    Security

Surprise... JNCIE-SEC is JNCIP-SEC and JNCIE-SEC
    IS-IS Sleeps.
    BGP peers are quiet.
    Something must be wrong.
  • Options
    All Associate exams are mandatory

All tracks SP,ENT,SEC have P - Labs...before going on to the Expert level...
    IS-IS Sleeps.
    BGP peers are quiet.
    Something must be wrong.
  • Options
    Seems like P could be a written exam...
    IS-IS Sleeps.
    BGP peers are quiet.
    Something must be wrong.
  • Options
    god_of_thundergod_of_thunder Member Posts: 21 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Will ER have a P exam?
    Get JNCIA-Junos by Dec 31st.
    Then pursue the loftiest goal ever.
  • Options
    zoidbergzoidberg Member Posts: 365 ■■■■□□□□□□
    from what i've overheard..... ER is gone, new track is ENT, and it will have a P exam. will that P be a lab or written? still to be determined....
  • Options
    I actually voted for lab in that presentation... We would have to convince them that P a written is a bad idea...
    IS-IS Sleeps.
    BGP peers are quiet.
    Something must be wrong.
  • Options
    AldurAldur Member Posts: 1,460
    I'm just wanting to know peoples thoughts on why a written P would be a good/bad idea.

Honestly though I kinda like the idea of not having to take 2 lab exams per cert track. It sure is a hassle to fly out, stay in a hotel, and all the other fun that comes with it. I've always enjoyed the lab exams but it isn't the most stressless thing to get to a testing center. This point would be null/void for me if I lived close to a testing center.

But then again I can see having two lab exams per track making the IE for that track more valuable.

But having two lab exams will cut down the number/rate of certified IEs just for the fact of having to pass two lab based exams then one. It's probably not that these people couldn't pass two lab exams but the time, money, travel, etc.. required may be prohibitive.

Anywho, I'm curious on everybody's thoughts/feelings on this matter.
    "Bribe is such an ugly word. I prefer extortion. The X makes it sound cool."

-Bender
  • Options
    if it is just one lab exam going forward then hopefully there will be enough variety in the lab exams that someone couldn't just brute force the exam. there needs to be sufficient number of labs so that if you fail once, you get a different one, fail again, different one, etc. and if you write an exam and break the nda and try to tell your buddy about it, he's not going to have an unfair advantage cuz he's going to get a different random exam as well.

it takes a lot to develop and maintain and score these, but with broad topics as service provider you have so many different topics that you can throw at the candidate and they really need to take advantage of all the options and features and technologies when they develop these labs.

and if they do go with a written P exam, it had better be tough.

if i have time i may try out the jncis-sp in the next week or so ;)
  • Options
    did this web conference make any reference to new certification logos? months ago there was a teaser that said new logos were on the way. where are they? i really do not like the current ones, and they do not match up with the juniper brand look at all.
  • Options
    I was in the conference... Forgot about the logo question... I like the old logo.. and intend to keep it until given a better one..

Yeah but no mention of that..
    IS-IS Sleeps.
    BGP peers are quiet.
    Something must be wrong.
  • Options
    ya, i'm happy i still have copies of the old ones :) they're good. the j>certified ones are blah...
  • Options
  • Options
    sunny81sunny81 Registered Users Posts: 7 ■□□□□□□□□□
    So any new confirm that P exam will written based, no longer lab practical?