Vendor Neutral Storage certifications

veritas_libertasveritas_libertas CISSP, GIAC x5, CompTIA x5Greenville, SC USAPosts: 5,735Member ■■■■■■■■■■
Are there any well respected vendor neutral certifications? I'm not super familiar with SAN storage so I thought would ask. I have begun a search of Indeed.com and Monster.com to see what the most commonly desired abilities are for an individual that wants to be a System Adminstrator. From what I have found these seem to be the most common:
  • MCSE/MCITP:EA knowledge/certifications
  • Bachelor degree
  • SQL
  • Scripting: Batch, Powershell, etc.
  • Storage
Currently working on: Linux and Python

Comments

• Bl8ckr0uterBl8ckr0uter Posts: 5,031Inactive Imported Users ■■■■■■■■□□
    SCSP

SNIA - SCSP

I haven't heard about any other vendorless certs. The EMC stuff is very respected by, that's from EMC2
  • veritas_libertasveritas_libertas CISSP, GIAC x5, CompTIA x5 Greenville, SC USAPosts: 5,735Member ■■■■■■■■■■
    knwminus wrote: »
    SCSP

SNIA - SCSP

I haven't heard about any other vendorless certs. The EMC stuff is very respected by, that's from EMC2

Are SNIA certifications respected? I'm just wondering if they are worth the investment.
    Are SNIA certifications respected? I'm just wondering if they are worth the investment.

I asked the same question. Someone on here (I think unix guy) said that they won't get you a storage job but they might look good as a sysadmin (or something like that). I haven't seen it posted in a lot of ads. I mostly see EMC certs and such.
  • veritas_libertasveritas_libertas CISSP, GIAC x5, CompTIA x5 Greenville, SC USAPosts: 5,735Member ■■■■■■■■■■
    Did a search for SNIA on Monster and found a couple of jobs desiring that certification. I guess it does have some reputation.
  • Michael.J.PalmerMichael.J.Palmer Posts: 407Member ■■■□□□□□□□
    Wasn't CompTIA developing a Storage+ cert? I can't remember, I seem to remember hearing something about that. Of course, it's more than likely not released yet since I don't know for sure, lol. But I'd look into that maybe.
    -Michael Palmer
    WGU Networks BS in IT - Design & Managment (2nd Term)
    Transfer: BAC1,BBC1,CLC1,LAE1,INC1,LAT1,AXV1,TTV1,LUT1,INT1,SSC1,SST1,TNV1,QLT1,ABV1,AHV1,AIV1,BHV1,BIV1
    Required Courses: EWB2, WFV1, BOV1, ORC1, LET1, GAC1, HHT1, TSV1, IWC1, IWT1, MGC1, TPV1, TWA1, CPW3.
    Key: Completed, WIP, Still to come
    Wasn't CompTIA developing a Storage+ cert? I can't remember, I seem to remember hearing something about that. Of course, it's more than likely not released yet since I don't know for sure, lol. But I'd look into that maybe.

I wouldn't be surprised if this ends up being the Storage+
  • earweedearweed Posts: 5,192Member ■■■■■■■■■□
    knwminus wrote: »
    I wouldn't be surprised if this ends up being the Storage+
    Another partnership? That would probably increase the rep of the cert.
    No longer work in IT. Play around with stuff sometimes still and fix stuff for friends and relatives.
    earweed wrote: »
    Another partnership? That would probably increase the rep of the cert.

I think so. What could they come up with that wouldn't be covered in the SCSP?