connect ibm think pad to sony crt tv with svideo cable

lkh312lkh312 Member Posts: 38 ■■■□□□□□□□
hi guys
today i tried to connect my ibm think pad laptop to my sony crt bulky tv through s video cable
this is the first time i connect my laptop to tv
first when i connected them together through s vido cable(4 pin), the image on my desktop showed up on the tv screen. i saw my computer icon and everything i have on my laptop screen.
but later on, i went to display options and click "extend my window desktop to this monitor"
just out of curiosity.
since then nothing has showed up on my tv screen. i tired to undo it by unchecking "extend my window desktop to this monitor" but it failed .just black screen on my tv
i even tried Fn+F7, which makes display exchange between laptop screen and any other third monitor(tv) it didnt work . just blaccccccccck.
any opinion on that?
how can i undo this so i can see every image on my laptop desktop on tv screen
pleas help
thanks

Comments

• DevilsbaneDevilsbane Member Posts: 4,214 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Are you sure that you are on the correct channel? Using the [fn]+[f7] (which varies by computers, I think mine is on F6) should get you going. It could also be a bad cable?
    Decide what to be and go be it.
  • lkh312lkh312 Member Posts: 38 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Hey .i know it sounds weird. thank you though . today we have HDMI but thanks ^^
  • UnixGuyUnixGuy Mod Posts: 4,564 Mod
    looks like the issue is fixed :D 13 years later
    Certs: GSTRT, GPEN, GCFA, CISM, CRISC, RHCE

Check out my YouTube channel: https://youtu.be/DRJic8vCodE 

UnixGuy said:
    Yes Boss, by the way i like your videos on youtube even if I am CCNA certiifed currently looking for the newtworking job ^^
    lkh312 said:
    UnixGuy said:
    Yes Boss, by the way i like your videos on youtube even if I am CCNA certiifed currently looking for the newtworking job ^^
    THANK YOU :) good luck with the job search!!

UnixGuy said:
    lkh312 said:
    UnixGuy said:

Hopefully , good luck part is not Sarcasm  :D Plus, I am planning to study for AWS cloud pracitoner soon too , which might be in your good graces ??? ^^
    lkh312 said:
    UnixGuy said:
    lkh312 said:
    UnixGuy said:

Hopefully , good luck part is not Sarcasm  :D Plus, I am planning to study for AWS cloud pracitoner soon too , which might be in your good graces ??? ^^

no sarcasm, i genuinely wish you good luck!