Options

Pearson Vue

Alastairb25Alastairb25 Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi

Has anyone had any luck with Complaints to Pearson Vue ?

I sat my CCNA for second time and had a number of issues, got within 50 odd points of required mark, not brill I know but a whole load of things happened and I honestly believe I could have passed it if they had`nt

Very early on a 5 in 1 question did`nt work, the only option was to click next, having never come across it and with there only being one button I clicked next and it finished the whole thing.

I was later informed this was due to an incorrect version of Flash and half the buttons where missing, great !

Also the test Centre staff just did`nt bother when I needed Assistance, according to them I should have left the room and find someone.

I know you could argue this either way but I did`nt read anything other than you put your hand up, personally I did`nt think given all the security measures its allowable to just go leave the exam! the answers I have got back from Pearson are tenuous to say the least in respect of this point.

2 months down the line and I`m nowhere and becoming increasingly frustrated by there fob off attitude ..

Would be interesting to know any other experiences with regard problem exams

TIA
Alastair

Comments

• Options
    DevilWAHDevilWAH Member Posts: 2,997 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I had major issues with one of my CCNP exams, in the end it ended up with CISCO them selves and they gave me a free resit voucher, which considerign it was not there problem was nice.

Person was no help what so ever and nither was the test center.
    • If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough. Albert Einstein
    • An arrow can only be shot by pulling it backward. So when life is dragging you back with difficulties. It means that its going to launch you into something great. So just focus and keep aiming.
  • Options
    MonkerzMonkerz Member Posts: 842
    Personally, I have only recently sat for my first Cisco test. I had no problems whatsoever, the test center was emaculate. They were setup with some ancient Dells, but no problems with the exam at all.

Security at the test center was tight. They had cameras pointed at your face at every workstation. It seemed like they were yelling the rules to me. After my 5 minute ear piercing lecure, I sat for my test. When I was done, though excited to learn my score, I raised my hand fearing I would be grazed my a sniper's bullet if I stood. :)
  • Options
    VAHokie56VAHokie56 Member Posts: 783
    Monkerz wrote: »
    Personally, I have only recently sat for my first Cisco test. I had no problems whatsoever, the test center was emaculate. They were setup with some ancient Dells, but no problems with the exam at all.

Security at the test center was tight. They had cameras pointed at your face at every workstation. It seemed like they were yelling the rules to me. After my 5 minute ear piercing lecure, I sat for my test. When I was done, though excited to learn my score, I raised my hand fearing I would be grazed my a sniper's bullet if I stood. :)

Lol when I saw my Congrats screen come up, I jumped up and dropped a skooooweehaa!, witch made the guy who was testing beside me jump 3 feet in the air. After apologizing to him I walked out and got a high five from the proctor!
    .ιlι..ιlι.
    CISCO
    "A flute without holes, is not a flute. A donut without a hole, is a Danish" - Ty Webb
    Reading:NX-OS and Cisco Nexus Switching: Next-Generation Data Center Architectures
  • Options
    MonkerzMonkerz Member Posts: 842
    The PC didn't even tell me my score, it sent to the printer in the proctor's office. She had to tell me I passed.
  • Options
    shecoolshecool Member Posts: 33 ■■□□□□□□□□
    The testing center I went to seemed so relaxed. I really liked it though, because they really did accommodate me well.

My score came up on the screen as well (My co-workers kept telling me that nothing matters after you see Congratulations) but when I went to reception they also gave me a printout. It was a pretty good experience for me so I'll probably keep writing at this one center.
    Up Next: CCDA, CCDP
  • Options
    networker050184networker050184 Mod Posts: 11,962 Mod
    If I'm understanding this correctly you had an issue but didn't go tell anyone from the test center? You will probably have a hard time getting much help from them if you don't tell them when it happens.
    An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made.
  • Options
    Bl8ckr0uterBl8ckr0uter Inactive Imported Users Posts: 5,031 ■■■■■■■■□□
    When I took the CCNA, my test completely froze in the middle of a sim. I called the receptionist oops I mean test center operator icon_rolleyes.gif to help me. She then called the other receptionist oops I mean Certified Technician icon_rolleyes.gif to do exactly what I did for 5 minutes, then power down the computer call their support.

After a few weeks of me bitching at them, it eventually went to cisco who gave me a resit of the exam. The entire process took about a month.