Options

Taking 70-290 exam 1/14/2005, Topics Question

geurygeury Member Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
I have a question for those who took the 70-290 test, Are there a lot of questions about "Groups", "Printers" and Specify tabs in user/computer account propertes?

I took a 3 month cource in college and have been reading the Thomson book to prepare for the exam.

Comments

• Options
    JerzJerz Member Posts: 86 ■■□□□□□□□□
    There's some but it depends on which questions you get since there are a lot of questions in the pool these days. I failed the first couple of times icon_redface.gif and had the most difficulty reading the essays they had for questions in regards to permissions. The first time I took the test I used the MS Pressbook and Transcender test questions, the second time I prepared with the pressbook as well as the cbt nuggets and the third time I used a prep logic book in conjunction with everything else. Needless to say, I know the stuff pretty well now. The more resource you go through the better off you'll be.. If you have good reading comprehension skills this test will probably be a lot easier on you than it was me (my reading comprehension is pretty weak; math on the other hand is a different story). I was feeling too confident going into this exam because the three prior I did very well on the first time.

Good luck! I'll be taking 291 in a week or two and will be passing the first time making me an MCSA2003 icon_cool.gif then on to CCNA.
  • Options
    My reading comprehension is pretty weak too... icon_cry.gif English is my second language!

A week before my exam and I'm using the MeasureUp CourcePre program that came with the book. I'll read & take every possible practise test I can find.....

Good luck Jerz!, you'll be a MCSA2003 pretty soon... I'm certain that you will Kick the exam's ASS!
    :)
  • Options
    JerzJerz Member Posts: 86 ■■□□□□□□□□
    The Mearsureup tests that come with the pressbook are very challenging. If you're scoring well on those then I would say you're ready. On this particular exam IMHO the Transcender questions were a bit easier than what was actually on the exam. The time limit is what killed me the first two time since I spent too much time on some questions (because they were lengthy and confusing) the last time I took advantage of the review check box and made sure that I limited myself on tim when I came across the very long permission based questions so I had plenty of time (10-15minutes) to go back and use the extra time to really focus on those questions that were giving be the most dificulty.
  • Options
    ronorono Member Posts: 121 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Like Jerz said the tests that came with the MS books are very good.However I advice you to have a good understanding of types of groups and user/group specifications tab,before taking the test.When I took the test I remember that was a lot of IIS questions but the tests are different ,each time;)

English is my third language ,but on test you'll get 30 minutes more and I remember that after answering all questions I had left 5 or 10 minutes,so...be carefully with the time!check yourself with timed tests.
    Mess with the best,Die like the rest!
  • Options
    I can't belive I fail icon_redface.gif. The report shows I'm weak in three areas. I really belived that I was doing well, Now I don't know what to study. There were some Terminal serivce/server question that I didn't know, so I guess I'll study more about terminal service.

I'm planning to retake it in a week from now....
  • Options
    antonio banderasantonio banderas Member Posts: 102
    geury wrote:
    I can't belive I fail icon_redface.gif. The report shows I'm weak in three areas. I really belived that I was doing well, Now I don't know what to study. There were some Terminal serivce/server question that I didn't know, so I guess I'll study more about terminal service.

I'm planning to retake it in a week from now....

Dont feel bad man.... I failed as well, but it is has opened my eyes on how to prepare for this exam... I need to do more hands on trainning, but some of those questions in the pool just dont fit in Windows 2003 Server... Guess its the luck of the draw....
    Network/Radiation Oncology Analyst III