Options

Scheduled 70-685 for August 5th

veritas_libertasveritas_libertas Member Posts: 5,746 ■■■■■■■■■■
Well I up and scheduled the 70-685 for the 5th of August. Any recommendations from those who have already taken the exam icon_confused.gif:

Comments

• Options
    earweedearweed Member Posts: 5,192 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Good luck. I'm sure you'll do OK.
    No longer work in IT. Play around with stuff sometimes still and fix stuff for friends and relatives.
  • Options
    N2ITN2IT Inactive Imported Users Posts: 7,483 ■■■■■■■■■■
    GL Bro wish you well

That's a technical certification I have been eyeing down. I just can't pry myself away from other obligations not to mention I wrote down my goals and I still have way to many left icon_sad.gif
  • Options
    PsoasmanPsoasman Member Posts: 2,687 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Good Luck, I am planning to take mine sometime next month as well.
  • Options
    BocaRatonITBocaRatonIT Member Posts: 24 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Yeah I was gonna do mine on the 5th as well, good luck.
  • Options
    alokin123alokin123 Member Posts: 268
    i sat this exam a month ago. Don't take it lightly as it is not an easy test. Expect long-winded questions. I used CBT Nuggets and MSPress plus the selftest exam which i highly recommend for this exam. Stay away from learnkey for this one. Not sure who came up with the content for that video series. Way off
  • Options
    certocerto Member Posts: 13 ■□□□□□□□□□
    alokin123 , may i ask what do you mean by selftest , as i am taking this exam again aswell.
  • Options
    Michael.J.PalmerMichael.J.Palmer Member Posts: 407 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Good luck on the exam, I'm sure you'll do fine.
    -Michael Palmer
    WGU Networks BS in IT - Design & Managment (2nd Term)
    Transfer: BAC1,BBC1,CLC1,LAE1,INC1,LAT1,AXV1,TTV1,LUT1,INT1,SSC1,SST1,TNV1,QLT1,ABV1,AHV1,AIV1,BHV1,BIV1
    Required Courses: EWB2, WFV1, BOV1, ORC1, LET1, GAC1, HHT1, TSV1, IWC1, IWT1, MGC1, TPV1, TWA1, CPW3.
    Key: Completed, WIP, Still to come
  • Options
    would you say its really worth it then ? because im going to retake my 70-685 sometime next week.
  • Options
    alokin123alokin123 Member Posts: 268
    certo wrote: »
    would you say its really worth it then ? because im going to retake my 70-685 sometime next week.

Its up to you i guess. Depends how confident you already are or if you still need to work on your weak areas. I just know that the selftest questions were very relevant in terms of topics covered and question structure. Plus if you do fail again at least you would have some time left over on the 30 days access. Maybe write to them and see if they are flexible with the 30 days?
  • Options
    well i've failed the 685 exam once already , so i was wondering how similar will the questions be to the exam i took to when i retake it ?

will the questions be completely different ?
  • Options
    Hyper-MeHyper-Me Banned Posts: 2,059
    goodluck, brosef.
  • Options
    Hyper-Me wrote: »
    goodluck, brosef.

Brosef? Good thing there is Urbandictionary.com or I would never have understood what that meant. icon_cool.gif

Urban Dictionary: brosef

I think I'll do fine. I am to the point where I am sick of studying for it. Most of my studying consists of breezing over the material.
  • Options
    Jander1023Jander1023 Member Posts: 160
    alokin123 wrote: »
    i sat this exam a month ago. Don't take it lightly as it is not an easy test. Expect long-winded questions. I used CBT Nuggets and MSPress plus the selftest exam which i highly recommend for this exam. Stay away from learnkey for this one. Not sure who came up with the content for that video series. Way off

I just passed this exam today - 807. There are some very difficult questions. I agree that the Selftest exam questions are very helpful. Not many of them showed up. However, I reviewed the explanation for all of them, which was very helpful.

Good luck!
  • Options
    Jander1023 wrote: »
    I just passed this exam today - 807. There are some very difficult questions. I agree that the Selftest exam questions are very helpful. Not many of them showed up. However, I reviewed the explanation for all of them, which was very helpful.

Good luck!

Yeah, I need crack out the book some more tonight. I am going to do some major studying Saturday. Right now I am just sick of even looking at the book icon_tongue.gif
  • Options
    Jander1023 wrote: »

Good luck!
    Congrats!
    Hopefully Veritas will be bringing back some good news next week.
    No longer work in IT. Play around with stuff sometimes still and fix stuff for friends and relatives.
  • Options
    Hyper-MeHyper-Me Banned Posts: 2,059
    He owes me a beer if he passes!
  • Options
    Jander1023Jander1023 Member Posts: 160
    earweed wrote: »
    Congrats!
    Hopefully Veritas will be bringing back some good news next week.

Thanks! I have been reading this forum for a little while but finally registered. I've finally gotten focused this year. Better late than never right?
  • Options
    gandalphgandalph Member Posts: 33 ■■□□□□□□□□
    The 685 is a tough exam with scenario questions(each scenario has about 5 questions related to it). Best advice is take your time and ensure you read through the scenario properly, glean as much info as possible and summarize it (saves you going back and forward as much) the exam time is 3.5 hours. Be clued up on Group Policy, Direct Access, VPN, Branch cache (different modes and when to use)data collector sets and troubleshooting problems such as stop errors
    Good Luck.
    obesa cantavit

certs: MCITP (7 and Vista),MCTS,MCSE,MCSA,MCDST,CCAI,A+,Network+,Server+
  • Options
    gandalph wrote: »
    The 685 is a tough exam with scenario questions(each scenario has about 5 questions related to it). Best advice is take your time and ensure you read through the scenario properly, glean as much info as possible and summarize it (saves you going back and forward as much) the exam time is 3.5 hours. Be clued up on Group Policy, Direct Access, VPN, Branch cache (different modes and when to use)data collector sets and troubleshooting problems such as stop errors
    Good Luck.

Thanks for the advice :)
  • Options
    It's crunch time Veritas. One day left.
    Good Luck tomorrow!
  • Options
    It's crunch time Veritas. One day left.
    Good Luck tomorrow!

Ugh, yup, it's going to be a long evening icon_wink.gif
  • Options
    rogue2shadowrogue2shadow Member Posts: 1,501 ■■■■■■■■□□
    24 hours approaching!!!!! Good luck to both of you and in the words of myself, bring home that victory!!!!!!! icon_cheers.gif
  • Options
    24 hours approaching!!!!! Good luck to both of you and in the words of myself, bring home that victory!!!!!!! icon_cheers.gif
    It's just Veritas taking the test today. I haven't even worked up the nerve to COMMIT to studying for the 70-680 much less the 70-685.

Bring back that MCITP Veritas!!
  • Options
    It's just Veritas taking the test today. I haven't even worked up the nerve to COMMIT to studying for the 70-680 much less the 70-685.

Bring back that MCITP Veritas!!

I'm hoping I will. I have to pay for this one out of pocket so I'm trying extra hard... icon_cool.gif
  • Options
    Ouch, missed it with a 636. This test was given in a method that is very from the 680. It was brutal to say the very least...

Weak Areas:

• Supporting Mobile Users
    • Identifying Cause and Resolving Networking Issues

I'm honestly unsure where to even begin at studying for this test again.
  • Options
    Ouch, I thought you would get this one cold. You weren't that far off and you have 3 more weeks til next term starts. You can do it man.
    Study up on those 2 areas you were weak on.
  • Options
    Ouch, I thought you would get this one cold. You weren't that far off and you have 3 more weeks til next term starts. You can do it man.
    Study up on those 2 areas you were weak on.

Yeah, I'm thinking about ordering Darril's book as well.
  • Options
    Michael.J.PalmerMichael.J.Palmer Member Posts: 407 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Ouch man, that totally sucks... I know you paid out of pocket but are there any sort of second chance discounts you can take advantage of? I'm petrified of paying out of pocket for an exam and failing myself, just can't afford it.
    -Michael Palmer
    WGU Networks BS in IT - Design & Managment (2nd Term)
    Transfer: BAC1,BBC1,CLC1,LAE1,INC1,LAT1,AXV1,TTV1,LUT1,INT1,SSC1,SST1,TNV1,QLT1,ABV1,AHV1,AIV1,BHV1,BIV1
    Required Courses: EWB2, WFV1, BOV1, ORC1, LET1, GAC1, HHT1, TSV1, IWC1, IWT1, MGC1, TPV1, TWA1, CPW3.
    Key: Completed, WIP, Still to come