Options

Need help finding a driver for an old printer

exampasserexampasser Member Posts: 718 ■■■□□□□□□□
I have a ten year old printer, HP630c. Windows 7 64-bit cannot find a driver for it. I tried the XP drivers on HP's site but no luck. Any help on finding a working driver is appreciated.

I do have a newer EPSON all-in-one but that thing is an ink hog.

Comments

• Options
    PlantwizPlantwiz Mod Posts: 5,057 Mod
    exampasser wrote: »
    I have a ten year old printer, HP630c. Windows 7 64-bit cannot find a driver for it. I tried the XP drivers on HP's site but no luck. Any help on finding a working driver is appreciated.

I do have a newer EPSON all-in-one but that thing is an ink hog.

I've had great success with HP and recently retired an old HPS500 due to desiring something with more network capabilites (and a media slot)

My old Xerox could not be upgrade when Windows XP 64-bit arrived and Xerox told me that they refuse to support a 4 year old print device (but I could get a newer model for $xxxx.xx). At that point, my old HPS500 worked perfectly so I stuck with the older HP (and it worked with Vista whereas the Xerox wouldn't).

...short story long, did you contact HP for a solution?

HP has a history of maintaining print drivers for their devices over several OS versions...but since a new device can easily be purchased under $150...today it is difficult to justify staying with an older, bulkier model (IMO). I agree about Epson's but they do produce nice photo images...I have been satisfied with HP print devices on many levels for years...it's tough to use any other brand.

Lexmark are ok, but ink is very pricy
    Epson - very good, ink a little more expensive
    Brother - tend to run into driver issues with other software
    Xerox - Make a good print device, but driver support is poor (IMO)

Time vs. expense...I'd recommend contacting HP, they tend to be relatively helpful (YMMV) and if a quick solution isn't found, I'd look at a newer print device.
    Plantwiz
    _____
    "Grammar and spelling aren't everything, but this is a forum, not a chat room. You have plenty of time to spell out the word "you", and look just a little bit smarter." by Phaideaux

***I'll add you can Capitalize the word 'I' to show a little respect for yourself too.

'i' before 'e' except after 'c'.... weird?
  • Options
    N2ITN2IT Inactive Imported Users Posts: 7,483 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Why don't you install your printer in a virtual session in Windows XP Mode and print your jobs from there?

Sometimes those older 32 bit application/drivers don't play nice go with the virtual man!
  • Options
    exampasserexampasser Member Posts: 718 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Thanks Plantwiz, I took you advice and shot an email to HP support and surprisingly they actually knew a workaround by using a 640c/642c/648c driver and it worked. I really didn't think they would come though based on recent horrible customer service with another product. Their printer support team seems a bit more competent than their computer support team.

On a side note the yellow ink in the tri-color cartridge has ran out.