Which MSCA/MSCE exam should I take first?

MooshMoosh Inactive Imported Users Posts: 9 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hey all. I currently have my A+ certification. I am working on Network+ right now. When I complete that, I will look towards getting my MCP. I may just stop at the MCP, or I may go furthur to MSCA/MSCE. So in case I stop at MCP, what would be the most beneficial topic to learn? I am guessing Microsoft Windows 2003 Server (290). I already know Windows XP pretty damn well. Thanks guys.

Comments

• TransatlanticTransatlantic Member Posts: 120
    Usually people shoot for the client OS exam 70-210 Win 2k or 70-270 Win XP, which is what I'm studying for myself, but there's no set rule as far as I'm aware, you can take the exams in whatever order you feel comfortable with
    "Mistakes have been made, others will be blamed."
  • DrakonblaydeDrakonblayde Member Posts: 542
    The only problem with the client exam is you have to know a good bit about the server in order to actually pass the client exam. I'd recommend studying in parrallel for whatever you're taking for server and client, and taking them fairly close together.
    = Marcus Drakonblayde
    ================
    CCNP-O-Meter:
    =[0%]==[25%]==[50%]==[75%]==[100%]
    ==[X]===[X]====[ ]=====[ ]====[ ]==
    =CCNA==BSCI==BCMSN==BCRAN==CIT=
  • garv221garv221 Member Posts: 1,914
    The only problem with the client exam is you have to know a good bit about the server in order to actually pass the client exam. I'd recommend studying in parrallel for whatever you're taking for server and client, and taking them fairly close together.

Second that, great suggestion.
  • NPA24NPA24 Member Posts: 588 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I am studying for the 70-210 but how much of the server stuff will really overlap with the test?
  • garv221garv221 Member Posts: 1,914
    NPA24 wrote:
    I am studying for the 70-210 but how much of the server stuff will really overlap with the test?

I didn't take 210, but there was alot of overlap with 270. Alot with permissions & AD.