Options

Microsoft® Windows AntiSpyware (Beta)

2»

Comments

• Options
    /usr/usr Member Posts: 1,768
    Anyway...

I'm impressed by the Spyware tool. I just installed in on one of the machines I'm working on. Right away it asked if I wanted to disable to Messenger service...maybe I was wrong about this tool.
  • Options
    Fortunately for people with your ambitions, there will always be plenty of holes to fix, regardless of who created the software.

But I'm so sick of cleaning 'Hotbar' and 'Cool Web Search'... icon_wink.gif
  • Options
    WebmasterWebmaster Admin Posts: 10,292 Admin
    /usr wrote:
    Anyway...

I'm impressed by the Spyware tool. I just installed in on one of the machines I'm working on. Right away it asked if I wanted to disable to Messenger service...maybe I was wrong about this tool.
    Thanks... ncool.gif
  • Options
    I said I was wrong about the tool.

Not MS. icon_wink.gif
  • Options
    WebmasterWebmaster Admin Posts: 10,292 Admin
    I know, I was refering to "anyway" in response to my response to your questions... I've spend the time to respond seriously to your claims and your questions in this thread and many others as well as PMs, all with the best intentions, and I don't expect you to agree with any of what I've said in this thread, nor to admit that you are wrong about MS, but a basic level of respect would be nice.
  • Options
    I understand completely what you're saying and I agree. I just don't hold Microsoft highly. I think they could do much better than they have in the past. As big as they are and as large of an install base as they have, they should do better.

This tool really looks promising, I hope they make good choices like this in the future.
  • Options
    shadown7shadown7 Member Posts: 529
    Thanks for the link...So far I seem to like the program!!
  • Options
    A feature should be added in to remotely scan machines.

Even if they made an "Administrator's" version, or something similar. I get sick of going to a machine and watching these programs run for 40 minutes. icon_confused.gif
  • Options
    RussSRussS Member Posts: 2,068 ■■■□□□□□□□
    /usr wrote:
    A feature should be added in to remotely scan machines.

Even if they made an "Administrator's" version, or something similar. I get sick of going to a machine and watching these programs run for 40 minutes. icon_confused.gif

I guess that will probably come after they finish remodelling what they have. Remember, this tool is something developed by Giant and just rebadged by MS. I suggest that they will develop it quite a bit as they get feedback from their MVPs.
    As far as getting sick of watching programs run .... ummm, are you sure you want to be in this industry? Most of what we do is watch progs run and then dissect the results etc.
    www.supercross.com
    FIM website of the year 2007
  • Options
    Yes, I'm sure. It was just a joke.
  • Options
    RussSRussS Member Posts: 2,068 ■■■□□□□□□□