Options

need some advice network+?

gregorio323gregorio323 Member Posts: 201 ■■■□□□□□□□
Hey guys just posting here for some advice i have no networming hand experience except for the job training center that i attended in high school. i have completed my CCNA with ease and i was wondering if i should step back and get my Network+ and A+ to cushion my resume or will i be wasting my time and money taking the Network+. your advice will be appriciated thank u all...

Comments

• Options
    bighornsheepbighornsheep Member Posts: 1,506
    Your CCNA is a definite asset for you and looks good on the resume. Focus on your job searching and improve your resume to help you get the interviews so that you can get a job with some hands on experience.

I'm also assuming that you've maintained your CCNA knowledge, if this isn't the case, you will want to make sure you really know your stuff. You don't want to show up to your interview and not know what dot1q means.

In summary: focus on your resume and work towards your job searching
    Jack of all trades, master of none
  • Options
    Well the CCNA materials are fresh and i think i ingrave them in my head pretty well. im job searching but not sure what to apply for. ive applied for help desk just to get my feet in the IT field. but still feel the need to take the A+ i have a month left before i start school im certain i can pass it.
  • Options
    DevilsbaneDevilsbane Member Posts: 4,214 ■■■■■■■■□□
    If you completed your CCNA with no hands on networking experience, the network+ should be easy.
    Decide what to be and go be it.
  • Options
    rushdownrushdown Member Posts: 14 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I would suggest just the A+ but not the Network+. Or, why not go for your CCNP instead?
  • Options
    I think your right i passed my CCENT im a just to A+ n work for my CCNA security or CCNP :)... so ill skip network+ :) after all employers seem very heavily in need of ccna and above rare n+
  • Options
    skwira001skwira001 Member Posts: 94 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Hey guys just posting here for some advice i have no networming hand experience except for the job training center that i attended in high school. i have completed my CCNA with ease and i was wondering if i should step back and get my Network+ and A+ to cushion my resume or will i be wasting my time and money taking the Network+. your advice will be appriciated thank u all...

Personally, I think it's good to have A+ and Network+ on your resume until you get a job. If you get experience (job) where you can use your CCNA skills, then I would not even touch A+ or Network+. I would go for more Cisco certifications such as CCNA Voice or CCNA Security.
  • Options
    CertGrabberCertGrabber Member Posts: 32 ■■□□□□□□□□
    If you completed your CCNA with ease than you shouldn't have too much difficulty in obtaining your Net+.

I'd say knock out your Net+ and A+ for good measure. It is good to have some of the basic certs even if you have more advanced certs, I believe. There are several topics covered in short detail in the Net+ that aren't covered in the CCNA (comptia is vendor neutral)..

If nothing else it'll show employers you're committed to the IT field.. I don't think going for any cert is a waste of time!
    Studying CCNP Route

Currently compiling my own home lab. I never knew scouring ebay for routers, switches, and modules could be so much fun!
  • Options
    Yea i went through thr material and its pretty much just oberview the ccent and ccna pretty much answered all my questions for thr network+ just a few other material is cover i been taking lractice exams and i pass. but just nervous when i take the actual exam. so im just reviewing the cbt nuggets videos and taking notes of anything new or stuff i feel weak on.