Which is an Academic Qualifications.

ipconfig.allipconfig.all Senior MemberBanned Posts: 428
What is Academic Qualifications

is it like your college or university or high school qualifications or can this be your certifications.

In an interview email the HR told me to bring my Academic Qualifications so what do they exactly mean by that.

Comments

  • phantasmphantasm Senior Member Member Posts: 995
    Academic refers to your high school diploma and any collegiate degree you've earned such as an Associates, Bachelors, Masters or PhD.

    Certifications are just that, certifications. They do not qualify as academic even though the pursuit of a certification could be considered an academic pursuit.
    "No man ever steps in the same river twice, for it's not the same river and he's not the same man." -Heraclitus
  • rogue2shadowrogue2shadow Member Posts: 1,501 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I agree with phantasm. I think it basically means transcripts from the highest institution you've been to or any documents that proves you meet their academic requirement for employment based on the posting (ie. don't bring your old high school transcripts if you have a master degree or bachelors).
  • ipconfig.allipconfig.all Senior Member Banned Posts: 428
    The job ad says certifications N+ and CCNA

    and says a degree in computing is essential.

    So I should bring my certifications and the degree papers or the transcripts from the websites?
  • phantasmphantasm Senior Member Member Posts: 995
    If you have the actual bachelors degree issued from the university then bring that. Unofficial transcripts are almost meaningless.
    "No man ever steps in the same river twice, for it's not the same river and he's not the same man." -Heraclitus
  • brad-brad- Senior Member Member Posts: 1,218
    You might also want to get a copy of your college transcripts in case they ask. They might be interested to see the courses you took, if the degree relates to the job at all.
  • phantasmphantasm Senior Member Member Posts: 995
    brad- wrote: »
    You might also want to get a copy of your college transcripts in case they ask. They might be interested to see the courses you took, if the degree relates to the job at all.

    You pay for official transcripts, therefore I would not furnish them unless a serious offer of employment had been offered. The interviewer can make do with seeing my degree from the University in the interim.
    "No man ever steps in the same river twice, for it's not the same river and he's not the same man." -Heraclitus
  • brad-brad- Senior Member Member Posts: 1,218
    phantasm wrote: »
    You pay for official transcripts, therefore I would not furnish them unless a serious offer of employment had been offered. The interviewer can make do with seeing my degree from the University in the interim.

    i had a copy that was watermarked "COPY" all over it, I dont think I paid for it. At any rate, I needed mine for GI benefits anyway, and i've been glad i had it on a couple of other occasions. If it isnt too costly, try to get a copy. Never know when you might wish you had it.
  • phantasmphantasm Senior Member Member Posts: 995
    brad- wrote: »
    i had a copy that was watermarked "COPY" all over it, I dont think I paid for it. At any rate, I needed mine for GI benefits anyway, and i've been glad i had it on a couple of other occasions. If it isnt too costly, try to get a copy. Never know when you might wish you had it.

    I keep official copies of my transcript in sealed envelopes for times when they are needed. But if an interviewer asks for them they get the unofficial ones unless they offer me a job. Most schools charge for the official transcripts, unofficial you can print yourself.
    "No man ever steps in the same river twice, for it's not the same river and he's not the same man." -Heraclitus
  • nelnel Senior Member Member Posts: 2,859 ■□□□□□□□□□
    phantasm wrote: »
    Academic refers to your high school diploma and any collegiate degree you've earned such as an Associates, Bachelors, Masters or PhD.

    Certifications are just that, certifications. They do not qualify as academic even though the pursuit of a certification could be considered an academic pursuit.

    Yep, exactly what P said here. Thats the official point of view anyway. I find it quite strange considering the masters i will be doing is based heavily upon the CCNP track. hmmm :s
    Xbox Live: Bring It On

    Bsc (hons) Network Computing - 1st Class
    WIP: Msc advanced networking
Sign In or Register to comment.