Options

ADD problems

2»

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Senior Member Posts: 0 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I find a lot of people claim to have ADD/ADHD just because they can't concentrate. They want a magic pill to cure it or a medical diagnostic for an excuse.

Mind you, I'm not saying this is *everyone*. I find the majority of people claiming to have ADD/ADHD have never been diagnosed.

You need to take a good, hard look at your:
    a.) sleep
    b.)diet
    c.)exercise

I guarantee more than half of you, if you slept better, (routine schedule), ate better and exercised would find you no longer have these issues (or can control them better.) Also cutting out LARGE amounts of caffeine helps. I work with a guy who just drinks coffee, ALL day. (Not decaf)
    Try getting organized and adhere to a schedule - it helps, I promise.

I'm a little curious about what you've said here. Typically, what kind of food are you eating? How many hours of sleep are you talking a night? How much exercise per day? I guess results may vary from person to person? The reason I ask is I think I could refine some of these aspects in my life and wouldn't mind knowing what some of you guys do daily. The main reason I ask is because I don't think that I have ADHD or ADD but I get distracted when studying. I'm thinking about 20 things other than focusing on what the material is that I am reading. I find myself reading over stuff multiple times to really comprehend what is there. The problem is I don't really know what aspects I would change. I get about 8 hours of sleep a night. I don't drink any kind of caffeine and eat fairly decent. I run about 2 miles every night. I think there may be aspects that I could be a little more strict on but I'm curious to what degree you guys do this stuff.
  • Options
    joey74055joey74055 Member Posts: 216
    I don't want to hijack this thread or change it but I think that this fits in nicely with this topic as well. Does anyone here suffer from OCB and how do you deal with it?
  • Options
    dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    joey74055 wrote: »
    Does anyone here suffer from OCB and how do you deal with it?

To an extent. It kills me to not use proper punctuation, capitalization, spelling, etc. That doesn't sound like a big deal, but you should see me painstakingly write text messages icon_lol.gif

I don't have anything that I consider to be debilitating or a serious problem, but I have a few things like that that I find amusing.
  • Options
    vColevCole Member Posts: 1,573 ■■■■■■■□□□
    xmalachi wrote: »
    I'm a little curious about what you've said here. Typically, what kind of food are you eating? How many hours of sleep are you talking a night? How much exercise per day? I guess results may vary from person to person? The reason I ask is I think I could refine some of these aspects in my life and wouldn't mind knowing what some of you guys do daily. The main reason I ask is because I don't think that I have ADHD or ADD but I get distracted when studying. I'm thinking about 20 things other than focusing on what the material is that I am reading. I find myself reading over stuff multiple times to really comprehend what is there. The problem is I don't really know what aspects I would change. I get about 8 hours of sleep a night. I don't drink any kind of caffeine and eat fairly decent. I run about 2 miles every night. I think there may be aspects that I could be a little more strict on but I'm curious to what degree you guys do this stuff.

How's your diet though?

I don't eat pork or beef. I haven't since I was 9. (Personal choice.) I eat 5-6 small meals daily. Lots of protein and veggies.
  • Options
    eMeSeMeS Member Posts: 1,875 ■■■■■■■■■□
    I don't want to hijack this thread or change it but I think that this fits in nicely with this topic as well. Does anyone here suffer from OCB and how do you deal with it?

I personally am a huge fan of OCB.

OCB

I am puzzled as to how it relates to this thread....

MS
  • Options
    eMeS wrote: »

OCB

MS

LOL, I am not sure if your kidding or not. Just in case your not OCB is Obsessive Compulsive Behavior. It is similair to ADD in that it can effect your behavior just in a different way.
  • Options
    msteinhilbermsteinhilber Member Posts: 1,480 ■■■■■■■■□□
    LOL, I am not sure if your kidding or not. Just in case your not OCB is Obsessive Compulsive Behavior. It is similair to ADD in that it can effect your behavior just in a different way.

eMeS is perhaps one of the most serious individuals on this forum. All of those posts about him and dynamik's mom? Completely true.
  • Options

I was kidding...this thread was getting too serious.

But seriously, who doesn't like Old Country Buffet?

MS
  • Options
    Bl8ckr0uterBl8ckr0uter Inactive Imported Users Posts: 5,031 ■■■■■■■■□□

OCB

MS

You cannot be serious. OCB sucks. Ryan's is where its at.
  • Options
    knwminus wrote: »
    You cannot be serious. OCB sucks. Ryan's is where its at.

Damnit, now I'm going to have to count to 13 again by 2's, and wash my hands 4 more times.

Thanks.

MS
  • Options
    I was kidding...this thread was getting too serious.

But seriously, who doesn't like Old Country Buffet?

MS

LOL, I'll have to try it out sometime :)
  • Options
    Damnit, now I'm going to have to count to 13 again by 2's, and wash my hands 4 more times.

Thanks.

MS

I wish I could give you rep for this. Honestly lol.
    But seriously they do suck. I once had Mash potatoes there that looked like porage and tasted like sawdust.

At any rate it is good to see people dealing with problems proactively. icon_thumright.gif
  • Options
    earweedearweed Member Posts: 5,192 ■■■■■■■■■□
    I got him for you. The subject was getting kind of serious there.
    No longer work in IT. Play around with stuff sometimes still and fix stuff for friends and relatives.
  • Options
    TurgonTurgon Banned Posts: 6,308 ■■■■■■■■■□
    I find a lot of people claim to have ADD/ADHD just because they can't concentrate. They want a magic pill to cure it or a medical diagnostic for an excuse.

Mind you, I'm not saying this is *everyone*. I find the majority of people claiming to have ADD/ADHD have never been diagnosed.

You need to take a good, hard look at your:
    a.) sleep
    b.)diet
    c.)exercise

I guarantee more than half of you, if you slept better, (routine schedule), ate better and exercised would find you no longer have these issues (or can control them better.) Also cutting out LARGE amounts of caffeine helps. I work with a guy who just drinks coffee, ALL day. (Not decaf)
    Try getting organized and adhere to a schedule - it helps, I promise.

Yes. Change the diet radically and give it 12 months. That will fix a lot of problems. Too much food has been screwed around with on an industrial scale. Transfats, mass produced oils. They are in many, many foods. Avoid the low fat, low sugar nonsense.

Go for natural good old balanced foods. It was how the West was won. Cut back on the timeconsuming electronica stuff and get out of the house more. Ten years down the line you will be glad you did. So will your kids. **** the supplements. **** the stimulants. Drink water from the tap. Start living :)
  • Options
    TurgonTurgon Banned Posts: 6,308 ■■■■■■■■■□
    xmalachi wrote: »

I think the diet legacy the last 30 years hasn't helped people. But I also think too much computer time and being plugged in IMHO isn't healthy. It bombards the brain. Layoff that a bit and get some outdoor exercise.
  • Options
    dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    knwminus wrote: »
    I once had Mash potatoes there that looked like porage and tasted like sawdust.

Why do you know what sawdust tastes like?
  • Options
    dynamik wrote: »
    Why do you know what sawdust tastes like?

I use to help build houses with a guy at my church. Cutting wood (low hanging fruit, no jokes lol) was common when you are building a wall among other things. Well I often took massive breaths of sawdust because we had shitty face masks.