Options

SCCM Client Collection Question

I'm working on pushing out the SCCM clients to my users, and the installs are going great! icon_cheers.gif

The only problem I'm having (so far) is, that my collections are not updating.

The first group of users that I allowed the client to be installed on started to show up on collections after about a week.

(We are a secondary site.)
(I'm using the "auto enroll" method / native mode.)

Should the client "check in" after install, and show up in a refreshed collection? icon_confused.gif:

Is there a "task" that polls for the clients? icon_confused.gif:

Is there a schedule for soem sort of sccm secondary to primary "replication"? icon_confused.gif: (Assuming the clients are checking in with our sccm server?!)

Thank you!

Comments

• Options
    AshenweltAshenwelt Member Posts: 266 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Er, users? Honestly, you just confused the heck out of me.

So, are we speaking of users or computers? And if computers, how often in the hardware inventory running and how often is the collection set to update? And is the collection based on a higher collection, and if so, what are its settings?

Or, what exactly? icon_wink.gif
    Ashenwelt
    -Always working on something...
    -The RepAdmin Active Directory Blog
  • Options
    jbrad95706jbrad95706 Member Posts: 225
    Ashenwelt wrote: »
    Er, users? Honestly, you just confused the heck out of me.

So, are we speaking of users or computers? And if computers, how often in the hardware inventory running and how often is the collection set to update? And is the collection based on a higher collection, and if so, what are its settings?

Or, what exactly? icon_wink.gif

Computers. :)

The collection updates daily, and the hardware inventory is every 7 days.
  • Options
    jbrad95706 wrote: »
    Computers. :)

The collection updates daily, and the hardware inventory is every 7 days.

If you wanting a collection to update on darn near anything, based on computers you already have clients on... you hardware inventory has to be faster than you collection updates. Four hour, 12 hour and 1 day are comon hardware inventory times.

No update, then no change is needed right?

Also, you will never have a good IP in there. Your HWI have to be quicker than DHCP.
    Ashenwelt
  • Options
    I've set the hardware inventory to 1 day.

It seems the client is being installed on the systems, but they are not checking in.
  • Options
    Use this tool and go look at your clients.

SCCM Client Center | Download SCCM Client Center software for free at SourceForge.net

Oh, and make sure you have your pointers in place (WINS, AD, DNS).
    Ashenwelt
  • Options

SCCM Client Center | Download SCCM Client Center software for free at SourceForge.net

Thank you ver y much for the link to that tool - it seems very useful, and it has drawn my attention to a potential issue.

The clients are not showing a site code...

I'm pushing them with "my site code" and I think that my be the issue? (I noticed some errors in the logs...) Should I leave them with the default / primary site code?

That was the issue ^ Things are working now. :)
  • Options
    JockVSJockJockVSJock Member Posts: 1,118

We just started to use this tool where I work and it is VERY useful. Highly recommend it.
    ***Freedom of Speech, Just Watch What You Say*** Example, Beware of CompTIA Certs (Deleted From Google Cached)

"Its easier to deceive the masses then to convince the masses that they have been deceived."
    -unknown