Options

Configuration Question

ZaitsZaits Member Posts: 142
I posted this question on the Citrix forums, but I didn't get a response so I'm hoping to have better results here.

I remember reading somewhere there is a method of configuring published applications so it seems more "seamless" to the end user as if they were executing an application on their local machine. I've found bits and pieces of information on how to hide the logout screen when you close an application, but I can't find anywhere how to hide the loading of an application. Ideally I'd like it if I clicked on the published application (not streaming) and the next screen I see is the application.

Has anyone seen anything like this or configured it in your environment?

Thanks,

Comments

• Options
    astorrsastorrs Member Posts: 3,139 ■■■■■■□□□□
    I'd question how valuable this really is, I have never heard of a user complain about the Citrix "loading published app" window ever - and I've been working with it since the mid-90's. A little education is probably all that's needed (if anything).

Probably not what you're looking for, but it's my 2¢
  • Options
    stupidboystupidboy Member Posts: 470
    astorrs wrote: »
    I'd question how valuable this really is, I have never heard of a user complain about the Citrix "loading published app" window ever - and I've been working with it since the mid-90's. A little education is probably all that's needed (if anything).

Probably not what you're looking for, but it's my 2¢

I totally agree, especially when using well managed profiles it is a very quick process :)

If you want it a little more transparent then profiling the application and streaming it in to the user environment may meet your objective.
  • Options
    ZaitsZaits Member Posts: 142
    I agree with you it's not that big of a deal, but if the option was there to change it I would like to see the difference. I know I read it somewhere, but I can't find it for the life of me now. If I ever come across it I'll let you guys know.
  • Options
    LukeQuakeLukeQuake Member Posts: 579 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I'm thinking that it maybe a client side setting for the XenApp client.

Will have a dig around and come back to you.

What you will probably find however, is that disabling this dialog will cause other complaints from your user base and/or they'll start clicking the same app multiple times! icon_smile.gif