Options

Department Opening

2»

Comments

• Options
    Ryan82Ryan82 Member Posts: 428
    Good luck man and I think it was a great decision to move forward trying to get the job. As one of those corny motivational posters says "You miss 100 percent of the shots you don't take" :)
  • Options
    MonkerzMonkerz Member Posts: 842
    I haven't heard back from him, so I doubt I got the job. He told me during the interviw that I would know by the end of the week if I got the position, so probably not. Oh well, it was good practice.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Senior Member Posts: 0 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Monkerz wrote: »
    I haven't heard back from him, so I doubt I got the job. He told me during the interviw that I would know by the end of the week if I got the position, so probably not. Oh well, it was good practice.

Don't get down on yourself man. Maybe he got tied up with something today. Keep your head up and even if this one doesn't work out there will be future opportunities!
  • Options
    ipconfig.allipconfig.all Banned Posts: 428
    Don't beat yourself down you still do not know, did he say he will contact you if you get the job or do not get the job? or both? it takes a bit of a while than they said.
  • Options
    All I heard him say was, "You'll know by the end of the week if you get the job."
  • Options
    Geetar28Geetar28 Member Posts: 101
    All I heard him say was, "You'll know by the end of the week if you get the job."

Hang in there Bro...no need to sweat too bad...the interview went well, you got someone behind you (the Sr. Engineer), and hell a managers idea of "by the end of the week" means by next Wednesday. It's tough going through the 'sweat it out' process...but it'll do you good in the end. ha ha ha..

Wish you the best!! I think you got that gig.
  • Options
    I got it!!! Today has been AWESOME! I'll summarize...

Woke up, on time :), took a shower and got dressed. My fiancé was actually awake already and gave me a kiss goodbye before I left for work...made my day. Arrived at work to find my new iPhone sitting in my chair waiting for me! The day flew by, before I knew it 2:30 rolled around and I had to sit in on a third step grievance, gotta love the union. I let the guy explain his actions, after he was through yelling at me and telling me I was out to get him, I pointed out the areas in which he was lying proving his guilt and confirming my reports with factual evidence. After the meeting I received the call. The manager told me to keep it on the down low until I receive the official offer, but the job was mine if I wanted it. He went on to tell me that he didn't call because he wanted me to sweat it out...lol. Boy was I sweating.

I feel kind of bad for leaving though. Word got around that I put in for this job and for the last week end users have been stopping me in the plant and office hallways asking me to stay. Boy did that give me a big head.

Well guys, in the next 2 to 3 weeks I will reside in Memphis. LOOK OUT MEMPHORIA, THERE'S A NEW NERD COMING TO TOWN!!! :D
  • Options
    DevilsbaneDevilsbane Member Posts: 4,214 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I got it!!! Today has been AWESOME! I'll summarize...

Congrats! icon_cheers.gif

Glad to hear it
    Decide what to be and go be it.
  • Options
    earweedearweed Member Posts: 5,192 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Congrats on the new job! I figured you'd get it from how you said the interview went.
    No longer work in IT. Play around with stuff sometimes still and fix stuff for friends and relatives.
  • Options
    Geetar28Geetar28 Member Posts: 101
    Damn that's AWESOME!!!....hmmm I think I even predicted Wednesday...Ha ha ha...great to hear it man.. now go in there and learn as much as you can!!!

Congrats!!! Feels even better than a cert, don't it !!!
  • Options
    Geetar28 wrote: »
    Damn that's AWESOME!!!....hmmm I think I even predicted Wednesday...Ha ha ha...great to hear it man.. now go in there and learn as much as you can!!!

Congrats!!! Feels even better than a cert, don't it !!!

I thought I had it too, but when Friday came I was starting to sweat...

It feels like my hard work studying this year has finally paid off! Now I just need to finish CCNA and learn as much as I can from the Sr. Eng before he retires!!!

Thanks for the Support guys!
  • Options
    rogue2shadowrogue2shadow Member Posts: 1,501 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats!!! Hard work and persistence does pay-off icon_cheers.gif

and
    Monkerz wrote:
    Boy did that give me a big head.

That's what she said.