how hard is this exam if i cant take the ccna security course..

gouki2005gouki2005 Member Posts: 197
I want take it BUT in my local college they delay the start date always..they say..WE need more people..damn. i am sick of this... is posible pass the exam with GNS3 + book+ and CBT or trainsignal videos..???

Comments

• chmorinchmorin Member Posts: 1,446 ■■■■■□□□□□
    gouki2005 wrote: »
    I want take it BUT in my local college they delay the start date always..they say..WE need more people..damn. i am sick of this... is posible pass the exam with GNS3 + book+ and CBT or trainsignal videos..???

Considering I got my CCNA Voice without a formal class, and many people get the CCNA without a formal class, I'm going to say it is fully possible if you are an individual who can organize yourself and create goals.
    Currently Pursuing
    WGU (BS in IT Network Administration) - 52%| CCIE:Voice Written - 0% (0/200 Hours)
    mikej412 wrote:
    Cisco Networking isn't just a job, it's a Lifestyle.
  • tierstentiersten Member Posts: 4,505
    How long is a piece of string? It depends on the person. Some will breeze through the exam just with books and some lab time. Others will need a full course with an instructor and guided study.
  • rogue2shadowrogue2shadow Member Posts: 1,501 ■■■■■■■■□□
    tiersten wrote: »
    How long is a piece of string? It depends on the person. Some will breeze through the exam just with books and some lab time. Others will need a full course with an instructor and guided study.

Well said. It is honestly dependant on you. I was thinking of using CCNA Security as a renewal for the associate level later on. I watched most of the nugget series and trainsignal series for it and it seems very doable. I would suggest though that you have some sort of equipment. I started out in the Cisco Networking Academy which gave me access to Packet Tracer; at the current moment it doesn't seem like it'll completely cover every aspect of the exam until the labs are out.
  • QHaloQHalo Member Posts: 1,488
    Self-studied my way through ICND1 and 2, and doing the same through CCNA Security. No formal network training to start and I had no issues really. Well CCNA Security I've been slacking a bit and had to reschedule but I'm going to put it down in another 2 weeks.
  • viper75viper75 Member Posts: 726 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Yes, you can take and pass the CCNA Security without formal class. Just set some goals and dedicate time to studying. Get some cheap gear from ebay, Cisco 831 routers are dirt cheap! You can get one or two and practice using SDM.
    CCNP Security - DONE!
    CCNP R&S - In Progress...
    CCIE Security - Future...
  • Ryan82Ryan82 Member Posts: 428
    Find a IOS that supports ZBF, a copy of SDM, and GNS3 and you have everything you need as far as gear. you willl miss out on a couple of layer 2 items but you can read about those.

I used the Bryant Advantage material and Cisco Press CCNA Security certification guide and passed.

You definitely don't need a class
  • yiannityiannit Member Posts: 27 ■□□□□□□□□□
    you really dont need a class for ccna security, just get the material, gns3 and sdm and youll be fine
  • logicmyfootlogicmyfoot Member Posts: 82 ■■□□□□□□□□
    yes you can pass this Exam without a formal training. I did without any formal training and without any gear, just with GNS3, PT[ Packert Tracer] CBT , TS and Self-Study book. Took me bout 40 days , and i slacked a week in between.

Best of luck m8 go 4 it.If you get stuck we all are here to help icon_smile.gif
  • rwwest7rwwest7 Member Posts: 300
    CBT Nuggets and Train Signal are pretty much classes anyways. They don't smack the chalk board when they're talking about something that will be a test question but they do cover most of the material.