Options

Funny Job Lead.

cleanwithitcleanwithit Member Posts: 63 ■■□□□□□□□□
Our home internet was messing up & I wasn't home at the moment. So, my Dad called InsighBB(Here in Kentucky) the major ISP. It appeared to me that the DNS wasn't working..when I got home....Anyway, my Dad got frustrated & gave me the phone to talk to the Insight Help-Desk guy. He kept walking me through on what to do, and I was giving him suggestions on what we should do..

Finally, we got the internet back up & running after I had to uninstall/reinstall all of the Network cards on every computer to get it to work...Long story short. He asked me how old I was, what I was going to school for, etc. He said, "My name is blah blah, I'm the Lead Help-desk guy here, and you seem like you know what you're talking about, if you put my name down as a reference on the application & I tell my manager your name, I guarantee you will get a call back for an interview."

I was like "WOW, funny how a little call can open such a big door" He game me his email address to let him know when I put in the APP..It has always been an idea of mine to work at Insight...I start my new job on August 9th, but if I get this job, I will certainly move on...More upward mobiliy & they use Cisco equipment!

Sorry, I'm just rambling but it's pretty exciting :)
A+, Network +, Linux +, MCP, MCTS, CCENT

A.S Network Administration

Comments

• Options
    donnamariedonnamarie Registered Users Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hello,

I thought your job lead was very interesting. It the name of the company Insight or InsightBB not sure. Thanks and hope you move up as time goes by.

donnamarie
  • Options
    donnamarie wrote: »
    Hello,

I thought your job lead was very interesting. It the name of the company Insight or InsightBB not sure. Thanks and hope you move up as time goes by.

donnamarie

InsightBB, Sir! Me too..I was like "This is weird, but awesome" :)

• Options
    rogue2shadowrogue2shadow Member Posts: 1,501 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Epic luck haha.
  • Options
    steve13adsteve13ad Member Posts: 398 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Very funny! Not sure how this company is but my local provider gives their employees free cable/Internet/ unlimited PPV.
  • Options
    steve13ad wrote: »
    Very funny! Not sure how this company is but my local provider gives their employees free cable/Internet/ unlimited PPV.

Same here!