Options

I just passed my first cert, the Net+!!!

CertGrabberCertGrabber Member Posts: 32 ■■□□□□□□□□
I passed the network+ n10-004 exam today with a score of.. *cough* 802 (max 900, passing 720). A passing score, yes, but I thought I had a better grasp on the information.

This cert is definitely, as some people say, "a mile wide, but an inch deep." There's a ton of different protocols and technologies to be learned (and understood lol!). The more deeply you understand how the protocols operate and interconnect, the better.. this will make those scenario based questions easier. Just memorizing common port numbers and media standards won't cut it!

I knew I had many parts of the test down pat, but I guess this confidence is to blame for not studying some of my weaker areas. Live and learn!

My next cert is Security+ which I will start studying for tomorrow!
Studying CCNP Route

Currently compiling my own home lab. I never knew scouring ebay for routers, switches, and modules could be so much fun!

Comments

• Options
    earweedearweed Member Posts: 5,192 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Congrats on the cert!
    Good luck on the Sec+. I thought it was a little more difficult than the Net+ as it is a lot of scenario type questions that ask "which is the best answer".
    No longer work in IT. Play around with stuff sometimes still and fix stuff for friends and relatives.
  • Options
    veritas_libertasveritas_libertas Member Posts: 5,746 ■■■■■■■■■■
  • Options
    Bl8ckr0uterBl8ckr0uter Inactive Imported Users Posts: 5,031 ■■■■■■■■□□
  • Options
    gregorio323gregorio323 Member Posts: 201 ■■■□□□□□□□
    congrats man im about to sit down and take mine sometime this week i feel ready for it its all fresh in my head so lets see how it goes hope i pass
  • Options
    rogue2shadowrogue2shadow Member Posts: 1,501 ■■■■■■■■□□
  • Options
    AmcoAmco Member Posts: 73 ■■□□□□□□□□
    how long did you study for it?icon_cheers.gif
  • Options
    PsoasmanPsoasman Member Posts: 2,687 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Congrats on your pass! Nice to see someone from Seattle.
  • Options
    Amco wrote: »
    how long did you study for it?icon_cheers.gif

I studied for a couple weeks pretty hard.. I did have a computer networking job while in the Air Force from '04-'08 so that certainly helped. As some things were new to me, some were just review. I read over the info here on techexams and made tons of notecards. I also google'd several things that I was unsure on, to get a better grasp.

The Net+ covers a ton of basics so it may take awhile for someone fresh off to get the concepts down. Things such as the OSI model and all the protocols. For these things just pound them in daily and after awhile you'll wonder what all the fuss is about!
    Studying CCNP Route

Currently compiling my own home lab. I never knew scouring ebay for routers, switches, and modules could be so much fun!
  • Options
    Psoasman wrote: »
    Congrats on your pass! Nice to see someone from Seattle.

Thanks, appreciate it. Yup, I'm reppin Seattle as well. I see it says you're working on your AAS degree. Is that at UW? I know they have an outstanding computer science program there..
    Studying CCNP Route