Boson exams...

AbbeyandpapaAbbeyandpapa Member Posts: 14 ■□□□□□□□□□
They are supposed to be difficult, but are they just tricky instead? A lot of questions are having me scratch my head and re-read material because it makes me think I don't know what I'm talking about (which may be the case...heh).

This one really threw me off. Maybe I just need perspective.
Router with RIP v2 configured.
S1/0 192.168.1.1/27
S1/1 192.168.1.193/27
F0/0 192.168.2.1/24
F0/1 192.168.3.1/24

Which statements are true regarding this router?

The test says that all RIP is active on interfaces S1/0, S1/1 and F0/0 because they are in classful networks but not on F0/1 because no network statement exists for that classful network.

Huh?

I have my test scheduled for tomorrow more or less to see what it will be like and so I can have a feel for the environment. Though I feel I have scheduled prematurely I still think I can pass because I am a generally good test taker.
But this Boson exam is rather discouraging.

-Abbey's papa

Comments

• MonkerzMonkerz Member Posts: 842
    I think you are leaving out part of the question.
    The test says that all RIP is active on interfaces S1/0, S1/1 and F0/0 because they are in classful networks but not on F0/1 because no network statement exists for that classful network.

From the quote above, you must have seen network statements in the config for 192.168.1.0 and 192.168.2.0, but not 192.168.3.0. Right?

I don't think I completely understand your question...
  • AbbeyandpapaAbbeyandpapa Member Posts: 14 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Nope, thats the sad part.

All info is there.

This isn't the only Boson question I've seen like that either.
    Which statements are true regarding this router?

If you have shared then entire question and possible answers, there is no way to answer the question.

That would be like:
    There is a car parked outside your office, it has 4 tires, inflated to 35psi each, how much fuel is in the fuel tank?
  • shednikshednik Member Posts: 2,005
    Yea that question doesn't make much sense, are you sure there wasn't an exhibit button to click.
    The only thing missing were the answers which were like

A)RIP is active on S1/1
    B)RIP is active on S1/0
    C)RIP is active on F0/1
    D)RIP is active on F1/1

and since that does not help at all I'll just assume you are all as confused as I was. I now have no faith in Boson tests.

Thanks for confirmation inputs ya'll.
    The only thing missing were the answers which were like

A)RIP is active on S1/1
    B)RIP is active on S1/0
    C)RIP is active on F0/1
    D)RIP is active on F1/1

and since that does not help at all I'll just assume you are all as confused as I was. I now have no faith in Boson tests.

Thanks for confirmation inputs ya'll.

For S&Gs I loaded ICND1's BOSON exam, from when I was studying for CCENT. I found this question. There is an expandable config diagram that goes with this question. It is located under the "Exhibit 1 (Click to Expand)" caption between the Question/Diagram and the possible answers.
    Exhibit 1
    router rip
    network 192.168.1.0
    network 192.168.2.0
    version 2

With this information, I can see where Boson's answer is correct. The network 192.168.3.0 is not configured, thus RIP is not active for this interface.

Hope this helps.
  • VAHokie56VAHokie56 Member Posts: 783
    Always love it when a plan comes together. I rather liked the boson exams myself, found them to be very similar to the actual test environment which helped ease some tension come test day. Good luck with the rest of your studies icon_thumright.gif
    .ιlι..ιlι.
    CISCO
    "A flute without holes, is not a flute. A donut without a hole, is a Danish" - Ty Webb
    Reading:NX-OS and Cisco Nexus Switching: Next-Generation Data Center Architectures
    huh, I'll have to check again I swear I had that stupid thing up for a couple hours going back and forth. When I read the comment about the exhibit I did not recall seeing one. I have to go back and check now.

Will look further, thanks for help.