Options

About to take Exam 70-649

osowandeosowande Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi All,

I'm about to book my exam for 70-649. I used the Syngress book to study for this.

THE REAL MCTS/MCITP: UPGRADING YOUR MCSE ON WINDOWS SERVER 2003 TO WIN SERVER 2008

I have a lot of issues with the book, but I'll leave that aside for now.

The book does not have much on HyperV, the exam objectives do mention Hyper V though. However, the MS Press book does have an entire chapter on HyperV.

So, I guess the question I'm asking is, do I need to go and read up on HyperV? Or is the information in the Syngress book enough to pass the exam?

Comments

• Options
    za3bourza3bour Member Posts: 1,062 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I havn't take this exam but if the HyperV is mentioned in MS book then they will probably ask about it. I think it's always better to read MS book in addition to any other book you will use.

Good luck with your exam
  • Options
    earweedearweed Member Posts: 5,192 ■■■■■■■■■□
    First off, welcome to TE!
    I'd recommend you use more than one source for starters. I've heard the Syngress books for the server 2k8 tests weren't particularly but if you use a second source (like the MS Press books) you should be ok. You may also want to look at
    Changes in Functionality from Windows Server 2003 with SP1 to Windows Server 2008
    No longer work in IT. Play around with stuff sometimes still and fix stuff for friends and relatives.
  • Options
    osowandeosowande Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thanks guys. I think I'm going to read the MS Press book as well, I guess there's no harm in over preparing.
  • Options
    za3bourza3bour Member Posts: 1,062 ■■■■□□□□□□
    osowande wrote: »
    Thanks guys. I think I'm going to read the MS Press book as well, I guess there's no harm in over preparing.

It's always better to prepare more, you will walk in to this test center knowing that you will answer any questing they throw on you.

Going under prepared though means that there is a big chance you will get many questions that you don't know the answer for so you might be lucky and pass but mostly you will fail.