show ip interface brief in ccent/ccna exam

jojopramosjojopramos Member Posts: 415
I am about to take my CCENT exam this coming month but I just want to know if I can use show ip interface brief in the user/priv exec in the simulation exam so that i will know the correct interface that i will be configuring? That is because there is modular and fixed port i guess.... thanks...

Comments

• peanutnogginpeanutnoggin Member Posts: 1,096 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Without breaking the NDA, I can tell you that the exam will tell you EXACTLY which interface they want you to configure. There aren't any "tricks" on the exam. You should be fine!

-Peanut
    We cannot have a superior democracy with an inferior education system!

-Mayor Cory Booker
  • jojopramosjojopramos Member Posts: 415
    Thanks peanutnoggin..... If that is the case then, I'll be fine with specifying the interface to configure.
  • HeeroHeero Member Posts: 486
    They make sure that at the very least, the relevant and useful show commands are available. Generally, if you are trying to use a show command in a sim and it isn't implemented, you don't need that command and you are on the wrong track.
  • DevilWAHDevilWAH Member Posts: 2,997 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Rember that the "?" is still avalible so as long as you know some of the basic show commands

show run
    show ip int brief
    show int status

you will be fine, at the very least they have to give you show run so you can check your config, so if all else fails you would have that.

but yes as it is stated in a lot of the official material the "?" "tab" and using shorten forms of commands is all supported on the simulations.

These are ment to test real world knowlage, so expect to be able to do any thing you would need resonabably expect to be able to do in the real world, when it comes to the simulations.
    • If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough. Albert Einstein
    • An arrow can only be shot by pulling it backward. So when life is dragging you back with difficulties. It means that its going to launch you into something great. So just focus and keep aiming.
    Is using shorten form of command (example= conf t or en) already accepted in actual simulations now? Because I know before that you need to enter the full command. On the ? (help) and show run, meaning I can also use this anytime in the simulations without any deduction on score whatsoever. Sorry but I am really new on Cisco exam being a Microsoft guy.
  • DevilWAHDevilWAH Member Posts: 2,997 ■■■■■■■■□□
    You have x amount of time to complete y amount of questions in the exam.

For any question you can take as long as you like and do what ever you like as many times as you like

Once you click on to the next question you can't go back.

But yes you can do a show run 500 times in a simulation, you are marked on the final config not how you get there.
    • If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough. Albert Einstein
    • An arrow can only be shot by pulling it backward. So when life is dragging you back with difficulties. It means that its going to launch you into something great. So just focus and keep aiming.
    Thanks for the detailed explaination, DevilWAH. Now, i rest my case.
    Thanks for the detailed explanation, DevilWAH. Now, i rest my case.