HTC Evo

tpatt100tpatt100 Member Posts: 2,991 ■■■■■■■■■□
So anybody else notice more rogue access points at work? I picked up several this past week. Considering we just had a guy arrested for spying for the Chinese we have to tighten things up around here. I got a "meh" response when I picked up one outside our classified area. One of the construction workers building a new facility was using it off his phone.

I think I see a new part time area of security I might specialize in.

Comments

• veritas_libertasveritas_libertas Member Posts: 5,746 ■■■■■■■■■■
    We see them all over the place here.
  • Hyper-MeHyper-Me Banned Posts: 2,059
    Speaking of Evo did anyone put the FroYo Rom on theirs yet?

I had a couple of small issues with it but i ironed those out and its wayyy improved over 2.1
  • tpatt100tpatt100 Member Posts: 2,991 ■■■■■■■■■□
    I got the issue escalated finally. I think some of the older IT guys are not keeping up with the security risks and mobile devices. Nothing to stop a worker from disconnecting from our network and hopping on their phone to transmit data illegally. They disabled USB devices being plugged in a while back.
  • shodownshodown Member Posts: 2,271
    tpatt100 wrote: »
    I got the issue escalated finally. I think some of the older IT guys are not keeping up with the security risks and mobile devices. Nothing to stop a worker from disconnecting from our network and hopping on their phone to transmit data illegally. They disabled USB devices being plugged in a while back.

What type of classifed area do you have. Is it a full blown SCIF? Or is it just a room that stores classified. If it just holds classified time for you to move your boundaries back much further for cell phones to be located. Your IA people need to step there game up and come up with a workable policy. User awareness is key. They should have that capability turned off. If you have the dollars there are also some devices that will make the signal not work.
    Currently Reading

CUCM SRND 9x/10, UCCX SRND 10x, QOS SRND, SIP Trunking Guide, anything contact center related