Options

Another Sec+ Pass!

NobylspoonNobylspoon Member Posts: 620 ■■■□□□□□□□
I decided to take the Security+ exam this morning before work after 7 days of studying. I didn't think I would do too well since I spent the whole weekend sick and I'm still groggy this morning from the massive amounts of NyQuil I took last night but I did something right because I passed with a 845/900!

This was my study schedule:
Days 1-4: Read Darril's book and answered all the questions. Scored 86% on end of book exam

Day 5: Skimmed over Sybex Sec+ Deluxe Study Guide, answered all end of chapter questions followed by a couple of practice tests. Averaged about 85% on those tests

Days 6 & 7: Watched several of Shaon Harris' videos on the domains I was missing the most questions on. Free to Safari Books Online subscribers. I also took the practice test on CompTIA's site and scored an 87%.

I was pretty under the weather during these two days so I didn't do as much as I had planned but still felt good about my knowledge in the subject matter.

I think I am going to finish recovering from this bug and then dive into Network+ (I'm going in reverse order on the CompTIA exams, lol)
WGU PROGRESS

MS: Information Security & Assurance
Start Date: December 2013

Comments

• Options
    Bl8ckr0uterBl8ckr0uter Inactive Imported Users Posts: 5,031 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats. Good luck w/ N+!
  • Options
    triotrio Member Posts: 42 ■■□□□□□□□□
  • Options
    earweedearweed Member Posts: 5,192 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Congrats!
    No longer work in IT. Play around with stuff sometimes still and fix stuff for friends and relatives.
  • Options
    LinuxRacrLinuxRacr Member Posts: 653 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Good job!
    My WGU B.S. IT - Security Progress : Transferred In|Remaining|In Progress|Completed
    AGC1, CLC1, GAC1, INC1, CTV1, INT1, BVC1, TBP1, TCP1, QLT1, HHT1, QBT1, BBC1 (39 CUs), (0 CUs) (0 CUs)
    WFV1, BNC1, EAV1, EBV1, COV1 | MGC1, IWC1 | CQV1, CNV1, IWT1, RIT1 | DRV1, DSV1, TPV1, CVV1 | EUP1, EUC1, DHV1| CUV1, C173 | BOV1, CJV1, TXP1, TXC1 | TYP1, TYC1, SBT1, RGT1 (84 CUs) DONE!
  • Options
    NobylspoonNobylspoon Member Posts: 620 ■■■□□□□□□□

I thought I was going to be late to the testing center. The name of the place was "Executive Suites" so I was looking for a nice corporate office building but it ended up being at some run down shopping plaza between a gym and a vet's office. I went in and noone was at the desk so I just started roaming around the building until I found someone, lol.
    WGU PROGRESS

MS: Information Security & Assurance
    Start Date: December 2013
  • Options
    never2latenever2late Member Posts: 122
    Good job! I scored the same with a lot more studying.

Good luck with the Net+.
  • Options
    PsoasmanPsoasman Member Posts: 2,687 ■■■■■■■■■□
  • Options
    CertGrabberCertGrabber Member Posts: 32 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Nice job! Yea I'm waiting for my darned book to get in the mail.. already watched all the cbt nuggets video so have a good overview. Just gotta read the book through and then test
    Studying CCNP Route

Currently compiling my own home lab. I never knew scouring ebay for routers, switches, and modules could be so much fun!
  • Options
    phoeneousphoeneous Member Posts: 2,333 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Good job. There has been a ton of passes lately.
  • Options
    rogue2shadowrogue2shadow Member Posts: 1,501 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats man!! icon_cheers.gif
  • Options
    JoJoCal19JoJoCal19 Mod Posts: 2,835 Mod
    Nobylspoon wrote: »
    I went in and noone was at the desk so I just started roaming around the building until I found someone, lol.

Congrats!

Yea our Prometric here is like that. I walked in to take my Network+ and there is no one at all around. I started wandering around the place looking for someone. Then the receptionist comes walking in casually from a different company's office in the building.
    Have: CISSP, CISM, CISA, CRISC, eJPT, GCIA, GSEC, CCSP, CCSK, AWS CSAA, AWS CCP, OCI Foundations Associate, ITIL-F, MS Cyber Security - USF, BSBA - UF, MSISA - WGU
    Currently Working On: Python, OSCP Prep
    Next Up:​ OSCP
    Studying:​ Code Academy (Python), Bash Scripting, Virtual Hacking Lab Coursework
  • Options
    nicklauscombsnicklauscombs Member Posts: 885
    nice job! congrats.
    WIP: IPS exam