Options

To hang or not to hang

124»

Comments

• Options
    DevilWAHDevilWAH Member Posts: 2,997 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I think its a bit like i don't sign my name Aaron Street Bsc, not because I am not proud of the fact I have a degree, but I don't see it is something special.

On the other hand if I had a doctorate then I most likely would sign my name
    Dr Aaron Street. Especial if I was a Doctor of physics working as a department leader at CERN.

I am also of the opinion that certs should stay up for a length of time that is inverse to the difficulty of them. So if some one has there CCNA up for a few months and then replaces it with there CCNA security it shows continued learning. Howevver once its been up 9months or so it starts to look old...
    • If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough. Albert Einstein
    • An arrow can only be shot by pulling it backward. So when life is dragging you back with difficulties. It means that its going to launch you into something great. So just focus and keep aiming.
  • Options
    ArmymanisArmymanis Member Posts: 304
    I personally don't have an office yet since I have no job in IT yet. I do however post my High school diploma and my A+ certification in my room! It makes me feel fulfilled to know that I studied really hard for both of them and did not ****. :) I will do the same with the other certs. Instead of putting a hole in them, i frame them in my room. :) I will do the same with my AA and my N+ when I get them.

To me its all about studying, knowing the material, and seeing self accomplishment. Not doing those stupid brain ****. Brain **** are for losers who don't truly want to get into IT. However my main goal is to be a System Administrator and actually know what I am talking about. :D I am glad it takes me 4-5 months to study really hard for a cert. At least that's what has happened with the A+ so far. The others should take about the same amount of time.

Certs maybe just a piece of paper to some, but to the other half its a sense of fulfillment in knowing that you actually took the time to learn the material. I am part of the half that takes the time to learn the material, that is why I proudly hang this stuff on my wall in my room. :)