Options

CISM/CISA June 2010 - results?

2»

Comments

• Options
    ojayojay Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    PASSED!!! PHEW! The feeling of relief is unbelievable!

Congrats guys!!!

Thank GOD! I passed !!
  • Options
    BW81BW81 Member Posts: 23 ■□□□□□□□□□
  • Options
    colemiccolemic Member Posts: 1,569 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Congrats to all those that made it! CISM is on my 'wish list' of certs to get within two years. Either that or my Master's, not sure which one yet.
    Working on: staying alive and staying employed
  • Options
    cabrillo24cabrillo24 Member Posts: 137
    dynamik wrote: »
    The lack of confidence you feel after an (ISC)2 or ISACA exam is unparalleled.

For those interested in the CISA:
    The official guide is a really difficult read. I'm sure the material is fine but its hundreds of pages of bullet-points, so don't try to learn from that. It would be a better reference. I didn't use any of these resources, but I'd really try to find a third-party resource that actually explains the material. The Q&A guide from ISACA was quality though. I learned far more from reading why the options were/weren't correct than I did from the official guide. That clearly saved the day for me.

I guess this means I have to do the CISM in December. *sigh* 2010 has turned out to be the year of resume padding certs; I'm going to do some fun stuff in 2011. I really need to get cracking on my paperwork too. I still haven't done my paperwork for my CISSP from way back in April icon_lol.gif

Congratulations everyone, and good luck to those who have yet to respond!

Any other resources used? Congrats!
    Next Up...
    CCNA: Security (210-260)
    Date: TBD
  • Options
    dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Nope, that was it. The CISA is sort of a niche, so there's not a lot available. I do audits based on FFIEC guidelines, but in all honesty, that really didn't help out much with this exam.
  • Options
    forddwforddw Member Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Results were announced 13 Aug. I passed my CISA.
  • Options
    chilipepperchilipepper Member Posts: 16 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congrats to everyone who passed.

To answer cabrillo24 regarding CISA materials... I had heard that the ISACA provided guide was not helpful - so I did not even purchase it. I also spoke to one of our internal auditors, a person who has a CPA and several years of audit experience, who only used the ISACA CISA guide and did not pass.

I purchased the David L. Cannon book, which somewhat "humanely" worded - it also had many good reviews on Amazon. It has a CD with it with flashcards for terms and test questions. I purchased the Q & A database from ISACA, which is probably quite equivalent to the Q & A guide that dynamik used. That was a key resource to understanding question wording and scenarios. It is CBT and tracks your progress and tells you what practice area you are weak in. I used this for CISM as well.

An ISACA membership gives you access to a WONDERFUL eLibrary. Older guides (i.e. the 2009 CISM and CISA guide) are FULLY available for reading. 2010 guides are not - they are available for purchase. So, for the cost of membership, you get a lot.

I've been impressed with what else is available in that library.