Options

Ccent

BaaaruuuceBaaaruuuce Member Posts: 12 ■□□□□□□□□□
Well folks, it has almost been a yr since last attempting the CCENT. Although I was very ashamed when I missed by a mere 20pts, I feel confident that I will do ok next month. However, I feel that having that confidence may also be bad karma. None the less, my instructor in the Cisco Academy, and I recommend those courses if you have knowledge but need to fill in the gaps, says I am more than ready to attempt the CCENT as we are half way through the CCNA practicum. Your thoughts, insults, or reality checks are appreciated on this matter.

Also, I fear that when I finally land that job in the Cisco environment that I will get smoked! I felt like this when I first entered the IT world, but I know that CCNA and higher along with MCSE is the bigger leagues. Is this common to feel this way, or should I just not worry about it. Cisco networking is the career I want to obtain, so please do not think that I am having second thoughts!

Once again your thoughts, insults, or reality checks are appreciated on this matter.icon_exclaim.gif
Excuses are not excuses, unless it's me that needs one:bow:

Comments

• Options
    earweedearweed Member Posts: 5,192 ■■■■■■■■■□
    If insults are going to sway you then you might not be where you should be. Insults are something to either ignore or overcome. If an insult will keep you from taking the CCENT then you weren't meant to take it.
    Study up and don't be a mamby-pamby..lol
    No longer work in IT. Play around with stuff sometimes still and fix stuff for friends and relatives.
  • Options
    mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Baaaruuuce wrote: »
    Also, I fear that when I finally land that job in the Cisco environment that I will get smoked!
    Not going to happen -- Cisco environments are usually non-smoking.
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • Options
    MonkerzMonkerz Member Posts: 842
    mikej412 wrote: »
    Not going to happen -- Cisco environments are usually non-smoking.

Hmmmm. I feel that all electronic components encapsulate a certain amount of smoke. Some more so than the rest. It is when that smoke is released, problems arise. It's as if that plume of gray currents swirling upward is the component's letter of resignation. :)
  • Options
    jojopramosjojopramos Member Posts: 415
    Just study hard, read hard and simulate hard... always think positive .... you can slay it.
  • Options
    proleonkproleonk Member Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Monkerz wrote: »
    Hmmmm. I feel that all electronic components encapsulate a certain amount of smoke. Some more so than the rest. It is when that smoke is released, problems arise. It's as if that plume of gray currents swirling upward is the component's letter of resignation. :)

reminds me of an old teacher, his saying was: "Computers/ components run on smoke. If they release any, they no longer work."

I will be taking my CCENT on the 20th, thats when I set me appointment/ deadline date so I wont keep on pushing it off like I did with my other exams.
    Working on...
    MCSA 70-290 (50%) 70-291 (5%)
    ICND2 - 0% (on Hold)
  • Options
    rogue2shadowrogue2shadow Member Posts: 1,501 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Good luck to both of you. In the greater scheme of things, fear makes us and breaks us. Its very natural to see challenges as daunting but at the end of the day it comes down to you; you are your worst enemy and your strongest ally. If you have the drive to push, you will; simple as that. icon_thumright.gif
  • Options
    ccnxjrccnxjr Member Posts: 304 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Best of luck on the CCENT!
    Up until the hour I took the exam I was afraid, but that's a healthy fear, fear of the unknown.
    Most people are afraid of the unknown.
    It's how you use that fear that makes a difference, do you probe your own mind to find gaps in your knowledge or just panic?
    However, at that point I've studied until I couldn't read another page.
    The one skill you can't cram is subnetting.
    You can't second guess yourself on that !
    If you doubt your ability to subnet quickly, then don't try it as yet.
    Know how to configure a switch and router.
    I think I may have configured close to 20 of the exact same LANs on PacketTracer, just so that my fingers can learn the commands.
    I mean, complete configs, from hostnames, interfaces, banners, static and dynamic routes.
    One thing that's hard to simulate is troubleshooting.
    Maybe that's one thing we can work on, creating buggy networks to help each other learn troubleshooting and a first hand view of the symptoms, instead of reading from a book.... hmmm
  • Options
    rob_crossleyrob_crossley Member Posts: 38 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Took me a full year to pass the CCENT took me 3 goes but you know what they say, 3rd time lucky and all that. This forum has helped me pick myself back up from the deep dark floor that is failure and slay that CCENT dragon and now im on the otherside.

ICND 2 id say im about 50% thru studying for my exam. The confidence in passing my CCENT has helped me study for my next exam. Onwards and upwards!

Study hard, Learn Hard, Earn hard!!!!!!
    Study Hard! Learn Hard! Earn Hard!
    "If you stop learnin, you stop earnin!"
  • Options
    Mojo_666Mojo_666 Member Posts: 438
    Took me a full year to pass the CCENT took me 3 goes but you know what they say, 3rd time lucky and all that. This forum has helped me pick myself back up from the deep dark floor that is failure and slay that CCENT dragon and now im on the otherside.

ICND 2 id say im about 50% thru studying for my exam. The confidence in passing my CCENT has helped me study for my next exam. Onwards and upwards!

Study hard, Learn Hard, Earn hard!!!!!!

Wow I never thought I would see someone from my hometown on these boards.

Greetings Rob
  • Options
    rob_crossleyrob_crossley Member Posts: 38 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Mojo_666 wrote: »
    Wow I never thought I would see someone from my hometown on these boards.

Greetings Rob

Greetings Mojo_666 how the devil r u? (no pun intended) haha
    Study Hard! Learn Hard! Earn Hard!
    "If you stop learnin, you stop earnin!"
  • Options
    mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    pass the CCENT
    Congratulations!! icon_cheers.gif

The only exam that counts is the one you pass. The other attempts were just realistic (and possibly expensive) practice tests. :D

For ICND2 make sure you follow the blueprint as you study and check off the tasks in the topic list. Pay special attention to the "action topics" -- like configure, troubleshoot, implement, verify, etc -- since those are "hands on" tasks that could be tested via SIMs or SIMLETS.

You'll still have some new theory to learn for ICND2 -- and some additional depth to add to some of the ICND1 topics -- but almost everything is now tangible and something that you can touch and configure on routers and/or switches. The more hands on practice you do for the ICND2 (and probably any Cisco Exam from here on out) the easier the exam should become.

Good Luck with your ICND2 studies icon_study.gif
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • Options
    Mojo_666Mojo_666 Member Posts: 438
    Greetings Mojo_666 how the devil r u? (no pun intended) haha

Haha very well, studying for the CCENT myself, well done on your pass. :D

e-academy was it?