Options

Passed Network+ today!

muckymuckmuckymuck Member Posts: 10 ■□□□□□□□□□
I passed, and was not really even planning on taking it today but that's another story. I had no time for pretest jitters which was a good thing in the end. I scored 846. I felt it was a pretty easy exam overall. To study I used the Mike Meyers book, Online Expert, and Transcender. Mike Meyers did the Online Expert videos too so I would watch a section and then read over the same topics in the book. They complimented each other nicely, imo.

I was planning on jumping into Security+, but I think I'm going to do the MS 70-680 Windows 7 exam first for the heck of it. I bought the book earlier.

Good luck to people studying for Network+. Just study and you will do fine.

Comments

• Options
    kenny831kenny831 Member Posts: 266
    Congrats!
    I like Mike Meyers's material.
  • Options
    earweedearweed Member Posts: 5,192 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Congrats! I liked his Online expert videos, too.
    No longer work in IT. Play around with stuff sometimes still and fix stuff for friends and relatives.
  • Options
    Um, I have yet to receive my certification. Certainly it should have come by now, yes?
  • Options
    cbsharpe0824cbsharpe0824 Member Posts: 153
    muckymuck wrote: »
    Um, I have yet to receive my certification. Certainly it should have come by now, yes?

Absolutely! Where did you take the test? I received my certificate and ID card within 2 weeks tops! It definitely should not take more than a month.

Please let us know what you find out.
  • Options
    simtechsimtech Member Posts: 213
    Did you update your demographic? It should show in the fulfillment if it was shipped to you.
  • Options
    Haha, nevermind. It was my fault.icon_redface.gif When I took my A+ exam I used my school email addy to handle the Comptia stuff. I finished what I was doing at the school and they have since deleted my email account. I forgot about having to log into Comptia's site and doing what I need to do to get my Net+ cert sent to me, and I wasn't reminded after I took the exam. I called Comptia after I posted here and changed my email addy, etc. It's taken care of...

Doh!icon_rolleyes.gif
  • Options
    PsoasmanPsoasman Member Posts: 2,687 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Congrats on your pass! The security+ follows up well with the Net+, plus if you take it before the end of the year, you don't have to worry about renewing in 3 years.
  • Options
    PaperlanternPaperlantern Member Posts: 352
    Psoasman wrote: »
    Congrats on your pass! The security+ follows up well with the Net+, plus if you take it before the end of the year, you don't have to worry about renewing in 3 years.

While this is true, the cert will still fall out of date. While it wont physically expire like those taken after Dec 31 2010, it wont be up to date after a few years, which may hurt you in the long run if you apply to a job looking for an up to date individual. I'm considering enrolling my Sec+ (once I pass it later next month) in the CE program so it will stay up to date. You have until Dec 31 2011 to decide if you want to enroll or not.

Just FYI, to renew it, you do NOT have to retest, it is based on CEUs (Continuing Education Units) and a renewal fee only.
  • Options
    samuel235235235samuel235235235 Member Posts: 43 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats on the pass mate, great work
    [Currently Studying : MCSA: Server 2012/MCSA: Windows 8]
    [Currently Reading: ]
    [Current Qualifications: MCP, MCDST, A+, Network+]