Took the CISSP exam on 02 July and still waiting for the result

tylerrrtylerrr Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi people,

I have taken the CISSP exam on 2nd of July and still waiting for the result. Is it something normal?
«1

Comments

  • laidbackfreaklaidbackfreak Member Posts: 991
    tylerrr wrote: »
    I have taken the CISSP exam on 2nd of July and still waiting for the result. Is it something normal?

    Yep no problems official lines are upto 6 weeks. Might be worth checking you spam folders just in case.
    if I say something that can be taken one of two ways and one of them offends, I usually mean the other one :-)
  • tylerrrtylerrr Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Yep no problems official lines are upto 6 weeks. Might be worth checking you spam folders just in case.

    yes, i check my mailbox (incl. spam folder) in every hour :) why they are using this old school examination system btw !!
  • JDMurrayJDMurray MSIT InfoSec, CISSP, SSCP, GSEC, EnCE, C|EH, CySA+, PenTest+, CASP+, Security+ Surf City, USAAdmin Posts: 11,890 Admin
    tylerrr wrote: »
    why they are using this old school examination system btw !!
    Security, integrity, and they use an outside service to score the exams for accuracy, so they have to wait in a queue with the service's other customers.
  • cvisionzcvisionz Member Posts: 16 ■□□□□□□□□□
    DOH! This is not what I wanted to hear. I took the test on 15 JUL in Riyadh (US DoD Contractor) and have been getting ancy myself waiting for the results. I know, ya ya ya 6 weeks-- but there are still egads of people that have recieved the results in less than two to three weeks. What's up with the test turn-around times lately?
  • hustlin_moe20hustlin_moe20 Member Posts: 225
    cvisionz wrote: »
    DOH! This is not what I wanted to hear. I took the test on 15 JUL in Riyadh (US DoD Contractor) and have been getting ancy myself waiting for the results. I know, ya ya ya 6 weeks-- but there are still egads of people that have recieved the results in less than two to three weeks. What's up with the test turn-around times lately?

    cvisionz,

    I'm a contractor also, how do you like Saudi? I'm in Afghanistan and it's super hot man. Not as hot as Kuwait or Iraq was but still hot either way.
  • cvisionzcvisionz Member Posts: 16 ■□□□□□□□□□
    cvisionz,

    I'm a contractor also, how do you like Saudi? I'm in Afghanistan and it's super hot man. Not as hot as Kuwait or Iraq was but still hot either way.

    Personally, the job here stinks and Saudi is no walk in the park. Riyadh is by-far the strictest Islamic city in the world and there's not much to do in the off-time, not like I get much of that anyway. ha. Hot? That is definately an understatement!

    The second my inbox gets populated with my test results, I'm going to start floating my resume to other sites around the Middle East. If I pass, I'll look for IA jobs. If I fail, I'll look for Net Admin jobs. One way or the other, I should be out of Saudi soon, inshallah. icon_wink.gif
  • hustlin_moe20hustlin_moe20 Member Posts: 225
    cvisionz wrote: »
    Personally, the job here stinks and Saudi is no walk in the park. Riyadh is by-far the strictest Islamic city in the world and there's not much to do in the off-time, not like I get much of that anyway. ha. Hot? That is definately an understatement!

    The second my inbox gets populated with my test results, I'm going to start floating my resume to other sites around the Middle East. If I pass, I'll look for IA jobs. If I fail, I'll look for Net Admin jobs. One way or the other, I should be out of Saudi soon, inshallah. icon_wink.gif

    Willing to come to Afghanistan? We have excellent jobs and salaries. We have Network Engineer and IAM positions. Check us out, DSCI - Discovering New Horizons
  • cvisionzcvisionz Member Posts: 16 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Willing to come to Afghanistan? We have excellent jobs and salaries. We have Network Engineer and IAM positions. Check us out, DSCI - Discovering New Horizons

    Just shot you a PM email.
  • cvisionzcvisionz Member Posts: 16 ■□□□□□□□□□
    WOO HOO! JUST GOT THE RESULTS: icon_cheers.gif

    Date of Exam: 15 JUL 2010
    Place of Exam: Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
    Results Received: 13 AUG 2010 09:00 CST (29 days)
    Results of Exam: "Congratulations! We are pleased to inform you..." First attempt

    Materials used for learning:
    - Shon Harris AIO 4th Edition
    - Practice Questions from AIO CD
    - Shon Harris Cryptography Videos (from CD)
    - CISSP Aide-memoire by Eric Allaire (from cccure.org)
    - Tons of practice questions from cccure.org (obviously)
    - Experience: 6 years Net Systems Admin/Support, 2 years IT Auditor, 1 year DoD Analyst
  • hustlin_moe20hustlin_moe20 Member Posts: 225
    cvisionz wrote: »
    WOO HOO! JUST GOT THE RESULTS: icon_cheers.gif

    Date of Exam: 15 JUL 2010
    Place of Exam: Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
    Results Received: 13 AUG 2010 09:00 CST (29 days)
    Results of Exam: "Congratulations! We are pleased to inform you..." First attempt

    Materials used for learning:
    - Shon Harris AIO 4th Edition
    - Practice Questions from AIO CD
    - Shon Harris Cryptography Videos (from CD)
    - CISSP Aide-memoire by Eric Allaire (from cccure.org)
    - Tons of practice questions from cccure.org (obviously)
    - Experience: 6 years Net Systems Admin/Support, 2 years IT Auditor, 1 year DoD Analyst

    Congrats, I hope I'm lucky lol. Time to start floating that resume around...
  • JDMurrayJDMurray MSIT InfoSec, CISSP, SSCP, GSEC, EnCE, C|EH, CySA+, PenTest+, CASP+, Security+ Surf City, USAAdmin Posts: 11,890 Admin
    Congratulations on your pass! icon_thumright.gif
  • earweedearweed Member Posts: 5,192 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Congrats on your passing!
    No longer work in IT. Play around with stuff sometimes still and fix stuff for friends and relatives.
  • dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,314 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congratulations!

    Any idea what's up next after the mandatory celebration? drunken_smilie.gif
  • rogue2shadowrogue2shadow CISSP, GXPN, OSCE, OSCP, OSWP, eMAPT, CEH, CNDA, A+, Network+, Security+ Member Posts: 1,501 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats!!! Outstanding achievement!!!

  • JDMurrayJDMurray MSIT InfoSec, CISSP, SSCP, GSEC, EnCE, C|EH, CySA+, PenTest+, CASP+, Security+ Surf City, USAAdmin Posts: 11,890 Admin
    dynamik wrote: »
    Any idea what's up next after the mandatory celebration? drunken_smilie.gif
    How do you celebrate in "the strictest Islamic city in the world?" Kiss a camel? icon_tongue.gif
  • hustlin_moe20hustlin_moe20 Member Posts: 225
    JDMurray wrote: »
    How do you celebrate in "the strictest Islamic city in the world?" Kiss a camel? icon_tongue.gif

    Most guys should be inside of some kind of compound full of western workers. In that environment they should have some uhhh, stress relievers there lol. I know that's how it was for some of our guys that used to work there.
  • cjwcjw Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I took my CISSP on 24th July - still waiting for results, hopefully get them this week icon_wink.gif

    Anyone else had results yet from this date ?

    Thanks
  • bmlibbebmlibbe Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    cjw wrote: »
    I took my CISSP on 24th July - still waiting for results, hopefully get them this week icon_wink.gif

    Anyone else had results yet from this date ?

    Thanks

    I took my exam on 27 July and still waiting for my results also.
  • cvisionzcvisionz Member Posts: 16 ■□□□□□□□□□
    JDMurray wrote: »
    How do you celebrate in "the strictest Islamic city in the world?" Kiss a camel? icon_tongue.gif

    Other than maybe going to the restaraunt in our Western Compound and having a couple homade stress relievers? That's about it... icon_wink.gif (moe hit the nail on the head)

    Oooohhh... there was that *one time* I went to the National Museum. That was pretty cool. And that was the last time I needed to go out into the city. ha

    Here's a pic of every single woman in the entire country. Although, it's "haraam" to take pictures of women, so who knows where this picture came from!

    burka.jpg
  • cvisionzcvisionz Member Posts: 16 ■□□□□□□□□□
    cjw wrote: »
    I took my CISSP on 24th July - still waiting for results, hopefully get them this week icon_wink.gif

    Anyone else had results yet from this date ?

    Thanks

    For anyone checking their email religously waiting for the results, there's a thread titled "** CISSP Exam Status & Results **" over at cccure.org which everyone from around the world posts thier test dates and results (may have to be a member to get to it, although resitration is free). Granted, you'll end up checking your email AND that site every 10 minutes, but at least you'll know that everyone in the world taking the test on your date is in the same boat.

    cissp CISSP training Certified Information Systems Security Professional - Access Denied


    Not sure when to schedule your test, or are you curious as to who else took the test around your dates? Checkout the CISSP.COM 2010 exam schedule:

    CISSP Exam Schedule - Certification News - CISSPs News - CISSP.com, the web portal for the certified information systems security professionals
  • mcsemanmcseman Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I tested on Aug 7th, 2010 and I got my congratulations e-mail last night. I flew home from Iraq to Philadelphia to test and it was $$$ well spent! Good luck to all!

    mcseman @ VBC
  • hustlin_moe20hustlin_moe20 Member Posts: 225
    mcseman wrote: »
    I tested on Aug 7th, 2010 and I got my congratulations e-mail last night. I flew home from Iraq to Philadelphia to test and it was $$$ well spent! Good luck to all!

    mcseman @ VBC

    I was at VBC last year working for ITT. I'm in Afghanistan now and will fly back to take mine in Nov. How do you like it there? Congrats on your pass. I hope I get an email like that.
  • lfilomenolfilomeno Registered Users Posts: 8 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I was hoping to get into the celebration mode but I am not. Got the email on Monday (Took Test on August 09). Failed 645 was my score. Debating to retake the CISSP or take the CISM this time. Good luck to all that has passed the exam.
  • dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,314 ■■■■■■■■□□
    lfilomeno wrote: »
    I was hoping to get into the celebration mode but I am not. Got the email on Monday (Took Test on August 09). Failed 645 was my score. Debating to retake the CISSP or take the CISM this time. Good luck to all that has passed the exam.

    Sorry to hear that. I'd finish what you started. I'm sure you don't feel like getting back into the CISSP at the moment, but it's only going to be more difficult later on. Also, I feel the ISACA exams are much worse than the (ISC)2 exams, so you might want to ease into the CISM ;)
  • lfilomenolfilomeno Registered Users Posts: 8 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Let's see how it goes Dynamik. The CISM is no walk in the park either but at least for now I don't even want to touch the CISSP study material I have. Will give the CISM a shot but I have not trown the towel on the CISSP yet!
  • hustlin_moe20hustlin_moe20 Member Posts: 225
    lfilomeno wrote: »
    I was hoping to get into the celebration mode but I am not. Got the email on Monday (Took Test on August 09). Failed 645 was my score. Debating to retake the CISSP or take the CISM this time. Good luck to all that has passed the exam.

    Dang, better luck next time. I'm dreading my test date after seeing all of these results.
  • lfilomenolfilomeno Registered Users Posts: 8 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Moe: Go ahead and take it. I did put it back long enough because of the high failure rate on the test but I sat down and went over the experience (not counting that I am $500 lighter in my wallet!)
  • hustlin_moe20hustlin_moe20 Member Posts: 225
    lfilomeno wrote: »
    Moe: Go ahead and take it. I did put it back long enough because of the high failure rate on the test but I sat down and went over the experience (not counting that I am $500 lighter in my wallet!)

    Yea, I planned to stick with it no matter how crazy it sounds. I will at least take a crack at it before I doubt it too much. It seems like it's passable at times lol. One of the Army Majors that I work for is an IAM and he says a lot depends on which version of the exam you get.
  • JDMurrayJDMurray MSIT InfoSec, CISSP, SSCP, GSEC, EnCE, C|EH, CySA+, PenTest+, CASP+, Security+ Surf City, USAAdmin Posts: 11,890 Admin
    lfilomeno wrote: »
    I was hoping to get into the celebration mode but I am not. Got the email on Monday (Took Test on August 09). Failed 645 was my score. Debating to retake the CISSP or take the CISM this time. Good luck to all that has passed the exam.
    645 is not that far off. Re-study your three or four worst domains for 2-4 weeks and give it another shot. Your chances of passing are much higher the second time.
  • eMeSeMeS Member Posts: 1,875
    dynamik wrote: »
    Also, I feel the ISACA exams are much worse than the (ISC)2 exams, so you might want to ease into the CISM ;)

    Seriously?

    I wouldn't know because I haven't taken an (ISC)2 exam, but from what I recall the worst thing about the ISACA exam was how long it took...

    MS
Sign In or Register to comment.