Global Knowledge CCNA Boot Camp

vinbuckvinbuck Member Posts: 785 ■■■■□□□□□□
Hey guys just wanted to get your thoughts on the Global Knowledge CCNA boot camp V2.0. Has anyone here taken it? My company is sending me to it and it includes a free exam voucher. I am a systems engineer for an ISP and work mostly on 7600/7200 routers using OSPF, MPLS, BGP, Metro Ethernet, etc. I used to be CCNA certified a few years ago (640-607) but let it lapse so I'm gonna bite the bullet and get it back :)

Is taking the exam three weeks after the Boot Camp a reasonable timeframe? What is the biggest change in the format since I took it in 2003? I've worked in the IT field for about 11 years although much of that was on the Microsoft Server side of life so i'm slowly getting a feel for hardcore networking again.
Cisco was my first networking love, but my "other" router is a Mikrotik...

Comments

• xenodamusxenodamus Member Posts: 758
    I would think it's definitely doable...especially if you passed it in the past. I can't speak as to specific changes in the exam, but the material comes back to you fairly easily if you've learned it in the past.

BTW...I WISH my employer paid for anything cert related.....
    CISSP | CCNA:R&S/Security | MCSA 2003 | A+ S+ | VCP6-DTM | CCA-V CCP-V
  • vinbuckvinbuck Member Posts: 785 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Yeah I got lucky because we got a good deal on the boot camp and they want us to work towards the higher certs. Most of the work I do is way over my head and in the CCNP/CCIE territory...it's like drinking water from a fire hose. The upside is that my learning curve for the CCNA has been sharply accelerated because i'm being forced to learn about switching and routing in a carrier-grade multi state network. btw...where in MS are you? I'm in the Jackson area.
    Cisco was my first networking love, but my "other" router is a Mikrotik...